Introduced Characters so Far Three

Jiang Cheng (A Cheng)

            (MAIN) He is the second son to Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, younger brother of Jiang Yanli and adopted older brother Wei Ying.  He is currently eight-years-old and is very close to Wei Ying.  Although not much is shown as of yet, he is a hard worker and strives to improve his cultivation skills to earn his father's approval.  He has a ton of pride as a Yunmeng Jiang direct disciple and he is known to get embarrassed quite easily when Wei Ying does things that go against Yunmeng Jiang family rule.  He may seem like the type to not be too honest about his feelings and often hesitates before saying anything; especially in front of girls as seen with Jin Zhuqin.  He began to set high standards for girls not too long ago and he is probably going to add more requirements in the future. 

Wei Ying (A Ying) 

            (MAIN) He was the only son to Wei Changze and Cangse-Sanren, currently the adopted son of Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, and adopted brother to Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng.  He is currently nine-years-old and developed an immense case of cynophobia from his childhood.  He was an original citizen from Yiling but after losing his parents to a supposed failed 'night hunt,' the young boy had to fight with dogs for food on the streets before being taken in by Jiang Fengmian as his adopted son.  As seen thus far, he can be mischievous and cause small problems that are usually avoided by the citizens of Yunmeng.  Some citizens speculate that Jiang Fengmian can handle Wei Ying better than them and leave Ying's problems for the clan leader while others simply want to avoid getting into trouble with Wei Ying.  He has an extremely soft spot for girls and even changes his behavior completely when dealing with girls, as seen with Jin Zhuqin.  ...In general, he loves to make girls feel good about themselves.  He is favored by Jiang Fengmian and is hated by Yu Ziyuan.

Jiang Fengmian

            (MINOR)  He is the current leader of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, husband to Yu Ziyuan, father to the Jiang siblings; Yanli and Cheng, and adopted father or uncle to Wei Ying.  He was close friends with his previous family servant Wei Changze and was said to have been in love with Cangsen-Sanren, Wei Ying's deceased mother.  After Wei Ying's parents died, Fengmian found him on the streets and fed him a piece of watermelon before taking him to Yunmeng as his adopted son.  He is known to be extremely soft spoken, kind and easy-going.  He was introduced to Cangsen-Sanren through Lan Yunlin, his old friend from the past.  He may have looked like he was infatuated with Lan Yunlin, but the only thing he loved about his old friend was her dance.  After Wei Changze and Cangsen-Sanren eloped together, Fengmian married Yu Ziyuan to ally the Jiang sect to the Meishan Yu Sect.  They have a love-hate relationship.  He seems to favor Wei Ying more than Jiang Cheng and is beginning to favor Jin Zhuqin out of pure love for the child.

Yu Ziyuan (Sanniang)

            (MINOR) She is the wife to Jiang Fengmian, mother to the Jiang siblings and adopted mother or aunt to Wei Ying.  She was the only daughter to the late Meishan Yu Sect leader and was also shortly acquainted with Lan Yunlin.  She is sworn sisters with Qin Baoqi.  After Wei Changze and Cangsen-Sanren eloped together, Ziyuan was wedded with Jiang Fengmian in hopes of establishing greater ally terms with the Yunmeng Jiang sect.  She later found out (by rumors) that Fengmian had affectionate feelings for Cangsen-Sanren, the wife of his past family servant.  Afterwards, she often quarreled with him.  He detested Fengmian even more after Wei Ying was brought into the Jiang family, being informed that he was the son of Cangsen-Sanren and Wei Changze.  As seen, the only person who she could possibly listen to is Baoqi.  She often tries to find fault in Wei Ying.  Ziyuan favors Jiang Cheng completely and is beginning to also have motherly interest towards Jin Zhuqin.

Wei Changze

            (MINOR MINOR)  Deceased.  He was the father of Wei Ying, husband to Cangsen-Sanren and was a family servant to the Yunmeng Jiang clan.  Although he was a family servant, he became Jiang Fengmian's best friend and later, secret love rival.  He was said to be quite handsome and skilled at playing the Dizi, or the Chinese flute.  Cangsen-Sanren and he traveled across the land to kill demons and spirits.  They unfortunately died during a supposed night, although there are speculations of a conspiracy behind their deaths.

Cangsen-Sanren

            (MINOR MINOR) Deceased.  She was the mother to Wei Ying, wife to Wei Changze and was a disciple of Baoshan-Sanren, a wandering cultivator said to reside in the mountains of Yiling.  Said to be extremely outgoing, and mischievous like Wei Ying.  She had met Lan Yunlin during her studies with Baoshan-Sanren and had sworn sisterhood with her.  She met Jiang Fengmian through Lan Yunlin and Fengmian fell in love with her.  Cangsen-Sanren's beauty was well known throughout parts of the land and although many cultivators were interested in her after she left her teacher, she chose to elope with Wei Changze.  While traveling across the cultivation lands with Changze and toddler Wei Ying, Cangsen met one last time with Lan Yunlin, who had already killed Jin Guangmeng by that time.  Cangsen found Yunlin's way of thinking to be against the cultivation regulations of righteousness and from that discouragement alone, Yunlin cut off their tie of sworn sisterhood.  Not much is known as of yet, but Wei Changze and she supposedly died during a failed night hunt, leaving Wei Ying to be adopted by Jiang Fengmian later.

Jinzhu & Yinzhu

            (MINOR)  The loyal twin servants to Yu Ziyuan.  Both are seen to have strong personalities and they sometimes lack proper attention for children such as when Jin Zhuqin grabbed the tea kettle without a problem and poured it to Yu Ziyuan to drink.

Dan Dan               

            (NEW MINOR)  Zixuan's spiritual dog that is still a husky breed pup.  Although he is just a pup, Dan Dan has a strong personality and does whatever Zixuan wants him to do.  He is usually summoned through a handwritten talisman that Zixuan (now) often carries around to protect his little sister.  Unknown to Zhuqin, Dan Dan is the reflection of its original owner and will act upon what their original owner is thinking of wants to do.  As seen, if Zixuan gets angry or has tension, Dan Dan disobeys anyone; even those who belong to the same sect.  Fortunately, if the owner's tension gets too high or if there is any sort of harm done to the original owner, the spiritual dog disappears by itself.  The talisman is to be kept in a safe place and if burned, it will be like having to create a new charm...where the spiritual dog itself is reborn as a new pup; all skills and memories erased.  The spiritual dogs of Lanling Jin are said to also have the ability to transform into a human.