She bites her lip and nods, almost like she was hesitating to tell me or no, but I just let it go.

Riley lets out a sigh, "Mom and dad were fighting," she says in a low voice.

"Again?" I frown, coming to a halt stop and she does too.

"Yeah. It's getting tired to see them like that and I'm just worried that I might have to choose a side later on and-"

"You don't want to choose a side," I finish for her.

"Yeah," she nods, looking down at the floor.

"Don't worry, Riley. I'm sure you won't have to choose a side. Try to convince your parents to calm down and if you feel uncomfortable staying at your house, you could come stay at mines any time. Or Colette's or Sophie's. I'm sure they wouldn't mind either, we're your friends and we'll always be by your side no matter what," I smile at her.

"Thanks, Anna," she smiles back, then she pulls me in a hug and I hug her back.

| | | |

"So, are you guys coming to the Christmas party?" I ask my friends, as I grab a chip and pop it in my mouth.

"I'd love to come, Anna, but my sisters and I are visiting my aunt," Sophie replies.

"Dad and I are going back to Scotland to visit my grandmother," Colette says.

"Although, dad and mom are having problems, we're going to meet up with dad's family," Riley adds.

"So, none of you can come," I sum it up.

"Yeah," Sophie nods.

"Sorry, Anna. I know how you like to have us all together," Colette smiles sadly at me.

"It's okay, guys. I know how you all have your own families and you need to spend Christmas with them," I confirm.

"Isn't Jennie coming though?" Riley frowns.

"Yup," I sigh.

Why Jennie is coming? Anyone might ask. Well, since dad works for Jennie's father, he always likes to invite his boss and his friends to that Christmas party.

Basically, dad brings his work everywhere, even in Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if he got me a calendar as a Christmas present.

"Damn, now I really feel bad," Sophie pouts.

"It's okay, Soph. I'll just ignore her and pretend she's not there. I mean, how hard could it be?" I shrug.

But, I felt like the bigger question is: how easy could it be? It's not like I can stay in my room the entire time. I wish.

"You'll be okay, Anna. You're a strong girl," Colette encourages me.

"Thanks, Lottie," I smile gratefully at her and pop another chip in my mouth.

I look around the cafeteria for awhile. Just like everyday, everyone is sitting with their cliques or their friends.

There's the jocks and the cheerleaders, they always sit together. There's the smart people and the science club. The drama club sits with the music one.

Abby's group which consists of my brother, his friends, Zoey and Abby, of course. Cameron told me it's okay if my friends and I sit with them and so did Abby, but I told them that we prefer sitting alone.

Finally, Luke's group which consists of him, Zach, Alex, Jennie, her friends and Seth, although I know that Luke and him are not on good terms because of what happened in Year ten. A story for another time.