Chapter 56

I woke up next to Vince and blew on his face. In his sleep he fanned off the unknown air and turned the other way. I giggled and then remembered the craziness going on.

Everything was crazy because of Emma. I was avoiding Harvey, but Clarisse was managing everything. She knew how to expose things to the public eye. She'd been managing media for as long as I could remember. I've been avoiding Harvey because I didn't want to tell him I'd been hiding things from him. Clarisse was planning to reveal that Emma was alive two days before court, which meant March 1.

Harvey was texting me for the past few days, but I hadn't answered. I think he got the idea that he did something wrong, which was the exact opposite of the situation.

I'd messed up. How was I going to tell him? He'd be mad that I kept a secret from him and break up with me.

I frowned and laid back down with a thump.

"Hey, are you okay?" Vince asked. He knew how I felt about the situation regarding Harvey. I couldn't hide anything.

I shook my head and turned over, trying to shake him off.

"You can't ignore me, Luna. I'm trying to help," he told me.

I huffed and sat up, looking over at him. "Okay then, help. What should I do? What should I tell Harvey?" I snapped.

"He'll understand. Just tell him. He won't make a big deal about it. He'll be more over sorry for you and the pressure you've been under," Vince told me.

"And if he doesn't? What if he gets mad at me and breaks up with me?"

"I-I-He-Well-"

"Exactly, Vince. He's the only reason I want to stay here. If I don't have him, what does it matter if I have to live with an abuser? Go back to sleep. I know you want to."

"Luna!" He called as I exited the living room angrily.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Emma asked as she followed me into the kitchen.

"How can you be so calm?" I inquired angrily as I grabbed yogurt and a spoon.

"I don't know. This is what I've wanted to happen for a long time. I've imagined a lot about how this would be. After a bit of time, things just get less exciting, less scary, less unknown," she shrugged as I dug into the yogurt.

"How do I tell Harvey that I've been lying to his face this whole time?"

"First of all, you were never lying to his face. You just weren't telling him something. And for a damn good reason! I told you not to tell him and it's a family problem. Second, he won't mind that much. He'll probably care more about your feelings than his. He loves you. He'll understand. You guys don't have the average teen 'dating because it's cool, I love you(I really don't)' stuff! You guys actually love each other. It's gonna be fine," she ranted.

"I love both you and Vince, but your advice is a million times better. Thank you."

"No problem. Now, you have to tell Harvey soon and I know you've been ignoring him blowing up your phone, so why not call him over and show him rather than just telling him? It makes it easier."

"Alright," I sighed and texted him.

Meet me at my house 2:00 :My Love😍

Harvard💓: Why haven't you been texting back? I was worried

2:00 :My Love😍

Harvard💓: Luna...

I'll explain everything at 2:00! : My Love😍

Harvard💓: okay

"When is he coming over?"

"2," I answered and set my phone down.

"So, soon?" She asked.

"Yes. Today," I sighed.

"I'll be ready. Just tell me when to come down," Emma said, putting her hand over mine and patting it, going upstairs.

I frowned and ate my yogurt. I was in for an extremely wild ride.

Soon enough, the clock hit 2 and I was waiting anxiously for Harvey. "EMMA!" I shouted up the stairs.

"Coming!" She yelled back and pranced down the stairs. Then the doorbell rang. I'd told Vince earlier to get lost and he went somewhere with his parents.

I went downstairs and opened the door. In front of my eyes, there stood a nervous and worried Harvey. He wasn't standing with much confidence and he was looking towards the ground, rubbing his arm nervously

"Luna, is something going on?" He asked as soon as he saw me.

"Yes, but not with us. It's kind of a family problem. It's important, though, and you deserve to know."

"What is it?" He asked with a little more confidence, grabbing my hands.

"It's easier to show you as well," I pulled him inside and brought him to Emma.

"Hi Harvey! I'm Emma!" Emma smiled and put her hand out.

"Hi Emma," Harvey said cluelessly, shaking her hand.

"This is my sister," I told him.

"You never told me you had a sister...well besides the one that passed away back in Nebraska... Why do I get the feeling I'm wrong?"

"I'm that sister. The one that's supposed to be dead," Emma told him.

"You lied to me?" Harvey asked with hurt in his voice. I stayed with my head to the

"No. She thought I was dead back when she told you. I only told her I was alive about a month and a half ago. I told her not to tell you because I wanted it to stay silent, but we're going to announce that I'm not dead soon and there's gonna be a lot of debacle in the media about it. We thought you should know before," Emma explained for me, knowing that I couldn't speak to him.

Before I knew it, strong arms wrapped around me and held me close.

"I love you. I can't believe you're going through this," he breathed out.

"You aren't mad at me?" I asked in confusion.

"Of course not! I love you! Why would I be mad at you, Luna?" He asked.

"I didn't tell you-"

"You didn't need to! You had to. It was a family problem and wasn't my business. You didn't do anything wrong, Love."

I hugged him tightly and burrowed my head in his neck. I'm so lucky I have Harvey, who accepts me no matter what.