Chapter 22

Harvey, Max, and I got dropped off at school and I went to the house meeting first. Boring.

Next I went to Science, which was slightly bearable and then so on with my day.

At lunch, I sat with Max and Harvey.

"So, am I still coming to yours after school?" Dylan asked Harvey.

"Yeah. Dobby will be there too," Max said, answering it for Harvey.

"So, Luna, are you and Harvey dating yet?" Emily teased.

The table laughed.

"Yeah, no," I laughed. It really wasn't funny. I just pretended to laugh. Harvey laughed fakely.

"Yeah. I'm gonna head off," I said. My lunch was gone. I didn't get much to be honest.

I went to the bathroom to touch up my makeup. When I was in the bathroom, I heard two voices in the stalls.

That's disgusting. Who talks when they go to the bathroom?

"Did you hear Laura gave it up to Aiden?" The first person asked.

"Yeah. And there are rumours about Clyde being gay!"

"I've heard those! Ugh, so true!"

"That new girl broke up with Jake!"

"Wait, what? When we're going to the bathroom, we're supposed to have conversations that I like! That is not one I like!"

"Oh, sorry," the other person said.

I closed my bag and tried to leave, but there was a voice.

"Come back!"

I turned around. The girls were Hannah, Harvey's ex, and her sidekick Jennifer.

"New girl! You broke up with Jake!"

"Yeah. I did," I said.

"Well, you see, that's not right to do. Why did you do it?"

"That's my business. Ask Jake if you're so desperate to know."

"You're calling me desperate?"

"Yes. You're so desperate for attention! You think you're 'all that' but you're not. I've barely even seen you because you skip so many classes! Your GPA is probably less than 1!"

"You're not allowed to talk to me like that!"

"Yes, I am!" I said, walking out of the bathroom.

She had the nerve to grab my hair as I was walking out.

I winced in pain. She definitely wasn't gentle with it. Luckily, my hair is pretty long, so I was able to turn a bit. I turned and grabbed her arm, digging into it with my nails.

She withdrew it, making me scratch her arm accidentally. I shook my head and left. This school is so shit. Excuse my language. I went to my locker and out my makeup away. Then I headed to my next class early. I couldn't wait till school was over.

When it was over, I was more than happy to leave.

"How was your day?" Sara asked us as we got in.

"Okay," I said.

The boys said, "good."

Everyone looked at me.

"What? It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. It was okay!"

"Okay," Sara said and drove to the house.

I mean, it was a little worse than okay, but still.

We got back and we all just chilled until bedtime, which couldn't have come sooner. I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.