Chapter 18

I woke up and changed into a comfortable outfit, going downstairs and walking up to the Mills.

Tilly came up and hugged me tightly. It seemed as if she was excited.

"Your aunt's trip got extended. There was more trouble than she could handle in two weeks, so she has to stay for longer. She doesn't know for how long, but it'll be more than two weeks. I was told you have keys to your house, so if you'd like I can take you to your house for some more clothes if you need after I get off from work?"

"Yeah. That would be ideal," I smiled brightly. (Don't come for me. I know there's a such thing as a washer and dryer)

I was staying!

Harvey came up and hugged me tightly.

Leo pried him off of me and hugged me tightly. I love this kid. I hugged him back.

"Where's my hug?" Max asked.

I rolled my eyes and hugged him for a moment.

I ate breakfast, but I still couldn't get over the exciting news. I mean, I'm sad that Jenna's stuck in Dubai, but I live that I'm staying.

I got up and sneezed away from the food.

Harvey took me into the bathroom and got me water, having me take the pill.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You're welcome," Harvey said holding me to him closely.

I sneezed again away from him.

He rested his chin on my head.

"That may not be the best idea," I told him.

"Oh, yeah," he said, taking his head off mine. He led us out of the bathroom and to the kitchen, finishing his food.

I finished mine as well and we went to the trampoline and jumped around.

I did a couple of flips and he attempted flips as well.
Key word: AtTeMpTeD

We jumped around after that randomly and tried to double-bounce each other.

Max joined us and double-bounced us multiple times.

"I'm sorry, how is this fair?" I whined from my sitting position. Max and Harvey kept double-bouncing me like no tomorrow. They were both bouncing waiting for me to get up.

I sighed and knocked them both over with my hands, laughing.

"Ow. That's against the rules!" Max protested.

"They aren't against my rules!" I disagreed.

I got out and went inside, getting lunch. The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. Nothing really happened, which was ideal obviously. A laid back day is the best one.

Max and Harvey came in not too long after me, but I was already upstairs on my laptop. I began singing quietly as I was typing the progress report on my theory for decreased sales. (Remember that?)

Harvey came in while I was singing and I stopped immediately.

"Woah," he said.

"I know. I-"

"Your voice is amazing!" He said, sitting on the bed.

"What?"

"You never told me you could sing!"

"Because I can't," I replied.

"No. Your voice is beautiful. You're like all of the best voices in the world combined and made better!"

"Let's slow down. Harvey you don't have to lie to make me feel better."

"I'm not!" He defended. "Sing me something. Anything."

"So- what? No! It's embarrassing!"

"Just come on!"

"I- fine!" I grumbled.

I thought for a moment what to sing. I couldn't come up with anything.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked.

"Umm, how about Your Side of the Bed by Loote," he offered.

"Sure," he could tell I wasn't happy with this at all.

Since you left it's one, two, three
Now he's coming in close to me
I can't sleep, 'cause he's where you're supposed to be and
He's getting all the songs you used to get
He's getting all of the words inside of my head
He's sleeping on your side of the bed
But it's still your side
Now I'm up all night

I stopped so I didn't embarrass myself too much. He motioned for me to continue.

I got me someone else instead
He's taking your side of the bed
I got me someone else instead
He's taking your side of the bed

Nights with your old friends
Think that you've got em'
Everyone say that you're better off
No, you don't believe em'
Staying at the bar till' 2
Then you stumble home all alone
While I take my phone

"Alright, I'm done," I said.

"He played it back for me in his phone. You're really good. You're better than me," Harvey said.

"No, Harvey. I'm not," I told him.

"Just come to the studio with me tomorrow, okay? We'll sing a duet when Max and I are done," he told me.

"I don't want you telling me something that's not true."

"I'm not lying to you. Your singing voice is amazing," Harvey held my hand.

"You really think so?"

"I know so!"

"Thanks Harvey," I said, squeezing his hand.

"And also, that song you were singing when I came in, what was that song?"

"Good Together," I answered.

"Huh. Never heard of it," he said, walking out.

"It's an original," I muttered under my breath.

I went back to what I was doing. A studio tomorrow. I can't believe it. I don't know if I should be nervous or excited. I guess both would be exceptional.

I'm this nervous, excited girl drifted off to sleep before she knew it.