Chapter Fourteen

"Love is a flower you've got to let grow."

HOPE'S POV

We watch with unwavering gazes as the sky gleamed orange while the enormous orb spread its glimmering rays of light. The crisp air around me joined the soothing breeze and made me shudder. It brushed across my exposed skin delicately. Tyler was quick to notice, and from the corner of my eyes, I could see him shift closer, his warmth shielding me from the cold.

Heat flooded my insides, creeping up my neck and gushing from my fingertips, tracing with keenness. The feeling was foreign but addictive.

We did not plan to stay hours outside his car. We would have already arrived at our destination if we did not observe as the horizon devoured the sun until it became nothing but darkness.

Weight was beginning to prevent opened eyes, and I was progressively starting to doze off. Tyler observed my drowsy state and said, "I assume it's time to go." He extended his hand for me.

I stood groggily, mentally chanting to regain full consciousness as I took his hand and followed him to his car. The moment I climbed in, sleep cocooned me.

The ride seemed to pass in seconds, and I was only called to reality when I felt a few soft taps on my shoulder. The vague recollection of my fictitious world withered away as my eyes peeled open. Tyler was hoarding over me in a position exceedingly close to me. A tingle stroked my cheeks.

"Wake up, Angel. We've reached our destination." He started to climb out of the car. I clambered out of his car as he did and trailed behind him towards a typical house.

He had told me about his father, his job as a businessman and his fervid appetite for money. With that, I concluded that his parents were living in a magnificent and large house. Since Tyler's house was fairly huge, I expected his parent's home to be similarly vast. But I was shocked to realize it wasn't. Still, it looked homely and comfortable, an ideal size for a small family. There was no garden, pond or fountain, but it was a definition of a house that was just enough. If I'd ever bought a home of my own, this would be beyond perfection.

He guided me to the entrance of the house, and I almost scoffed when I reminded myself about the fact that I had a hard, metal door and rolled my eyes. It was necessary, though, especially to protect me from him.

A thought floated in my mind. I wondered if I should communicate. Although that rule did not apply to Tyler, it still applies to his family, and I restrained from gritting my teeth at the exceptionally annoying feeling to leave a good impression and to try to communicate with a family. I may regret if I were to avoid it as Tyler's family may be as pleasant as he is. The only family I could ever speak to.

"Will I need to talk to them?" I asked.

Tyler smiles, shrugging as he looked into my eyes.

"I won't force you into anything."

As the door swung open, Tyler and I stepped in, and I decided on a choice I could regret.

The inside was reasonably modest and seemed smaller with its flawless plans of embellishments. From where I stood, there were five rooms in sight, consisting of a living and a kitchen which disappeared into the distance.

"Tyler." I averted my gaze to the owner of the voice, his father, who I have met before. Beside him was his wife along with Hailey, Ajax, and his uncle, the vehicle rental shop. Tyler clenched his jaw at the sight of Ajax.

"You brought the girl," he stated. Tyler replied with a brief nod and led me to the table, where we sat beside each other. On my left was his sister and on his right was his father. My eyes caught Ajax, and the faint bruise on his cheek for a short moment before he averted his gaze.