Chapter Forty // ending.

rylee

two years later

"Mommy, the water is so cold." Leilani giggled as she ran back towards the water. "I know, Lei. It feels so good." I smiled.

We were at some beach somewhere across the seas.

I took a picture so I'll be able to send Austin. "Mommy, let me pose for daddy please!" she ran back up and begged. It's like she read my mind every time I think about him.

"Of course." I said taking a picture while she put her favorite peace sign up with her famous duck lip pose.

She never got to actually meet him, ya know with her being old enough to remember who she is.

Austin made the decision to finally go on his world tour leaving us here. It happened maybe two months after my mom passed. It's still heartbreaking, but I'm a lot better now than back then.

Anyways, before he came back to the States his drinking apparently got out of control got into some trouble, and was forced to sign up for rehab.

It's almost time for him to be released. I'm still not sure if I'm willing to go home for him. Backpacking around different places has been so refreshing, and wonderful for my child.

She's learned so much, she's so smart and loves it.

After he left I was depressed, so fucking depressed. On top of that I had a miscarriage, but I never told him I'm sure it would of made things worse between Austin and I.

Are we together? Hell, I don't know. Legally, yes. Does he act like it? No. Although, he gets phone calls and uses them to talk to me. He explains how he's getting better to be a better man for us, but he was perfect before.

"It's getting pretty dark, Let's pack up to leave baby girl." I told her as the smile on her washed away with a frown.

"We'll come back tomorrow." I promised her. She loves the water she's my little mini me.

After getting her all bathed, and tucked in for bed I got a phone call from Austin. I wasn't sure if I should answer it with her still being awake.

Last time she talked, and asked questions about him nonstop.

I declined the call, but it was only followed by a text saying he's been released. I had to stop myself from getting upset because it's probably still daytime in the US. I smiled to myself, but it quickly went away when I took a moment to realize.

He wasn't my best friend anymore, but our child was.

He wasn't my love anymore, but legally he was.

I wish I could have him back, but my Austin. Not this image he's holding for the world and his fans.

After putting Leilani to bed, and I was finally able to get some peace and quiet after my shower I decided to text him.

rylee: i hope you're feeling well. Lani asks about you a lot.

austin: i need to see you asap

I reread the message over and over again. What about our daughter? What about I love you? Are y'all okay? I'm doing well?

I rolled my eyes. I never thought in a million years this is how everything would of ended up. I went to sleep without thinking twice.

Majority of the reason I decided to separate myself away from him was to protect myself from getting hurt. That's the only reason.

austin