Chapter Five.

Rylee's POV

"I hate him Naomi, I swear. Actually, I hate myself for even texting him." I shouted which brought my temples back to throbbing, I put my head on the pillow closing my eyes trying to concentrate on not being so frustrated. "Oh please, Ry. You're over reacting. Austin knows you were drunk, so it's not that bad." Naomi had a point and I had a hangover, so why stress about it.

"So what happened between you and Logan?" Aha, Logan. The wonderful guy who bought me drinks, danced all night long and who was highly attractive? He was perfect, but he wasn't Austin. But, like I told myself before I had walked into the club, find someone who's not Austin. And surely, that's what I did. I could definitely see myself with Logan since he had some manners and didn't try to have sex with me the first night.

"Oh, ya know. Nothing much, just exchanged numbers. Made plans for a date tonight, that's all." I replied knowing she was going to be proud of me. I didn't know if Logan was going to 100% take away my feelings from Austin, but I'm counting on him to try. I feel so bad it's like i'm using him, but I'm not. I'm attracted to him in a different kind of way. A good way.

"Aw, how cute. Don't forget, Austin goes home today." "Okaaaay, what do you expect from me? To double text and humiliate myself even more?" I stood up and walked towards the kitchen for another water. "No, but at least send him something. Rylee, why are you making this more than what it is? Seriously." My heart started beating fast, I knew it wasn't a big deal, but it was when he is just someone I've called a best friend my whole life and we've barely hugged.

"He kissed me on the check last night, it's no biggie, but it's one to me. We've barely hugged, the most we've done was a handshake." My eyes begin to water, I just wanted to be his. I never thought about giving it a try until now, and thinking back of every memory that I have of us we'd be perfect for each other. "I'm so sorry Ry, and no, it's completely a big deal." I shook my head no. I no longer wanted to sit around and feel sorry for myself. I was going to make today better than yesterday and the day before.

Buttercup: Hey, you're leaving today right? Maybe we can go out for lunch?

Butterbean: Sure, how about Grapewine steakhouse @ 1?

Buttercup: Perf

I looked down at my phone, it was already 12 giving me 30 minutes to get dressed, 15 minutes to drive there, 5 minuets to call my mom crying and 10 minutes to get my shit together.

And sure enough, I did just that. I seen him pull up as I was exiting my car. I notice a even blonder Allie step out from the passenger side. My eyes fade to Austin, his hair is down just like he would wear it in high school, a plain black shirt and jeans. "Hey, y'all ready?" I asked them nervously. "Ooh, country girl tone it down a tad." Allie giggled while staring at Austin causing him to laugh a little too.

We headed towards the table that Austin had reserved for us. It was outside on the balcony and had the nicest view. This would be perfect for the two of us to just sit here and talk, but instead I'm letting the evil wicked witch of the west be rude to me. "So, Rylee. Tell me, what are you going to do with your life now that you're out of school." Allie looked at me while putting her hand on top of Austin's.

"I went to school to be a child therapist, but I" "She should definitely be a model though, am I right?" I was cut off by our waiter which just so happens to be Logan. "Logan, oh my gosh, what are you doing here?" I quickly notice Allie's hand leave Austin's as she's looking into Logan's soul with googly eyes. "My dad owns the restaurant, I help out here when they need it. I have my own, ever heard of" "Actually, no we're ready to order." Austin cut Logan off mid sentence sounding angry and super annoyed. Logan knew that he was going to be a difficult customer, famous or not. "Alrighty, what can I get you, sir?" Logan demanded from Austin.