Chapter Thirty Three.

Austin's Pov

I don't know what I did to deserve this. I don't even know what she did to deserve this. I watched as they took her away I just couldn't understand everything was going well.

"Is she still in surgery?" her mother walked in immediately coming over and hugging me. I cried in her arms for awhile until I felt her shed a couple herself.

"Ms. Justice I truly don't know what to do. She's my backbone I don't know what I'll be able to do without her." I flopped down in my chair feeling depressed and a hot mess.

"I think we've know each other long enough for you to call me Tammy. Now, what I want you to do is repeat something for me, can you do that?" she asked. I shook my head not knowing what it was.

"Say 'Tammy, I will be strong enough for you. I will be strong enough for Leilani. And I will be the strongest for my wife, Rylee.' Okay? Go." she folded her arms as she waited for me to talk.

I repeated her, but it didn't sound as convincing. I had to repeat it enough times until I did believe it. I stood up and smiled. "I got this. She's gonna pull through, I know it." I said confidently.

"Now, Austin. Can I see my grandchild?" she tilted her head to the side a little. "Yes, of course." I replied and lead her into the NICU.

"Excuse me, Mr. Post?" the nurse called out before we walked over to Leilani. "One minute." I told Tammy, but she was already in awe looking at Leilani.

"Yes?" I said. "Oh, um. I just wanna quickly say that I really do love your music, and you're very attractive in person as well I've been meaning t-"

"Any news or updates on my daughter, or wife?"

I cut her off with no hesitation, and I definitely had to emphasize on daughter and wife just so that she'll get the picture if she hadn't already.

"Oh, um actually yes.. I'm sorry. Your daughter will be ready to be discharged in three days. We're just going to make sure she 100% ready to go home." she said awkwardly. I gave her a smile and kept walking.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" I spoke startling Tammy.

"Beyond beautiful. How does it feel being a dad?" she wanted to know. I smiled just thinking about it.

"Wonderful, I wish Ry was h-" "Hey, now! Positive thinking and speaking. She will be here." she corrected me.

I just smiled it actually was making me feel a lot better. "What's her full name?" she said while rubbing Leilani's back. "Leilani Jade Post." I answered.

"Oh like that doll Rylee used to have when she was little?!" she laughed. "Very cute of you to choose that." "Thanks."

We walked out maybe 30 minutes later and into the lobby she needed to go get settled and then she was going to return.

"Excuse me, your wife is out of surgery. But can't have any visitors for another 2 hours. I'll come back and get you then." he flipped the paper he had on his clipboard, shook his head and left.

"I'll be back before then, hun. Stay strong that's what Rylee would like and want." and with that she was gone. I refused to go back to the hospital room. I've been in there too long.

I found myself wondering in the gift shops. "Excuse me, ma'am. How much are these?" I pointed to the flowers. "$34." I double looked at the flowers. They looked cheap I'd rather do something more special and expensive.

I called up a few people that I knew so that I could do something super special for Ry once her and the baby get home.

***

I finally got the chance to see my sweet sweetheart's face even though the wait was longer than two hours.  They waited for her to be able to leave ICU. As soon as I walked in I seen the biggest smile on her face.

"I'm alive, Aus- MOM!" Rylee said as loud as she could which wasn't loud at all.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" Tammy leaned down hugging and kissing her. "Better, I woke up three hours ago. I woke up feeling no pain." she smiled.

"You made a really beautiful baby girl." her mom started a small conversation. I looked at her smiling, feeling blessed than ever.

I was so happy that she was happy, and doing better. I don't think I would of been able to live if she wasn't here with me.

"Austin, can we talk alone?" she asked acknowledging me. "Yeah, yeah sure." I was shocked she wanted alone time with me since she hadn't seen her mom since before the baby.

Tammy walked out leaving it to be just Rylee and me. "I love you, Butterbean." she whispered. Tears fell from her eyes as she threw her arms up for me to hug her.

"I love you, Buttercup." I begin to cry as well. I finally let go of her and wiped her tears. "I get to leave in two days." she said excitedly. "Really? Lani gets out in three." I informed her.

"Lani, the name is so cute." she giggled.

"I know, but if it wasn't for her mama her name would probably be Austin Jr." I joked.

Flashback.

I looked at the white and black puppy Rylee and I had found at the playground. "What should we name him?" she asked me.

"I dunno. What if we can't keep it?" I said. "It doesn't matter. He still deserves a name, butterbean." Rylee demanded. "Fine. Um, how about, Oreo?" I suggested.

"Not every white and black dog has to be named Oreo." she said with an attitude. "How about, Austin Jr?" she looked at me with her puppy dog eyes.

I really had no control over it, nor did I care we couldn't keep the dog in the first place I'm sure. Anything to make her happy.

"Sounds perfect." I rolled my eyes and kept petting him. We soon took him to my dad begging on our knees to keep him. We even told him what we named it.

"It's really cute guys, but Austin's way too young to be taking care of a dog. And I have no time to. I'm sorry." my dad patted my back and continued to do what he was doing.

I walked Rylee home. We asked her mom again, but she told us the same thing my dad told us. Ry's eyes watered up once she realized it was time to let the dog go and forget all about it.

I hugged her so tight. "One day we'll get Austin Jr. back. I promise." I told her. We were so young, so like third grade. I made promises to her to make her happy. Now I make promises to keep.

Reality

"I totally forgot about that!" she said. I sat down on her bed near her feet. "Hey, I say we have another kiddo. We make cute ass babies." I waited for her reaction.

"Are you serious?" Rylee asked. "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"We just had Leilani. I say, we get through these sleepless nights then possibly think about if we want another child." she recommended.

"Fair enough." I kissed her sweet lips.

"I missed you." I leaned my forehead against hers, "I missed you too baby."