"Mom." I called her and she turn her attention to me then place the magazine back on the table next to her.

"Omg son you can walk without those crutches anymore." She squealed in happiness.

I look around try not to get anyone staring at my mom in a weird way. This woman needs to calm down for goodness sake. I almost got a heart attack when females scream all the sudden.

"Are you gonna book an uber for us?" I asked her and she shook her head.

What?

"So you're suggesting we should walk?"

"I called Adam to pick us up don't worry. He's on his way here." My mom said.

My eyes widened, what the heck? I was just learning how to walk normally and here she is tryna make a mess.

Me and Adam fucking McClaren has so many conflicts with each other. I hated him and I still hate him.

He got petty and mad at me when I won at the finale of boxing match here in New Jersey.

But he has his ways and be all buddy buddy with my mother convincing her that he is a good guy.

He is my age and he goes to God knows what college like I give a shit.

"You should hangout with Adam more. He likes the same thing that you like maybe you two could have a bonding time with practicing boxing." My mom suggested.

I cringe with her words. Doesn't she see how fucking annoyed I am right now.

When I see a black range rover parked in front of the entrance where we are standing. I already feel like punching his face right now.

I watch as the window pull down, "Hola Mrs Velez, hop in." He said.

Eye roll after eye roll.

He is such a fake prick. Does he have a secret crush on my mother? What the fuck does he want from my mom?

He's my enemy and he knows it. We never liked each other but my smart ass of a mom thought we are friends.

"Long time no see pal." He said looking at me from the rear view mirror.

I give him my best scary glare and he has this annoying ass smirk plastered on his pale ass face.

....

Valerie's POV

"Did he reply to you or not yet?" Athena asked me again for like the fourth time.

I texted Chris when I was still at home getting ready. I was so excited to see him but he's not replying to me.

I frown and cover my face with my hands, frustrated. Maybe Chris doesn't want to see me or what am I kidding.. he obviously doesn't like me so he doesn't care about me visiting him.

"Nope." I sigh and look at my phone again. It's so dry without seeing Chris's name pop up on my notification..

We are still waiting inside this comfortable student lounge at my campus.

"You have an hour left then it's time to go to class.. listen Val.. it's not worth it waiting for him." Athena said while holding my hands trying to comfort me.

I am completely utterly heart broken, it feels like I've been ignored by him. It sucks it really is.

He was everything that I wanted. I remember when he told me about our plans. It was all pretending to him of course but not to me. I was real, pure and honest to him.

I was going to cry but I'm holding it in so I won't be looking so pathetic in front of my friend.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and put my hands on my lap, "Let's go to a cafe, I wanna chill there for awhile."

Athena nodded and follow me.

She cling onto me as we're walking down the street. Athena keeps rolling her eyes when there's car passing by cat calling us and random boys on the street whistling at us.

"I swear these dickholes are gonna rot in hell for making us shock everytime they honk at us and whistle at us." She hissed and showed a middle finger to a random dude with long hair.

"Wooo lesbians." A blondie whistle at our direction and I mentally cussed inside my head. I'm not dealing with bunch of idiots.

Athena is furious though, "Go play fencing with your boyfriend you dickhead." She shouted.

Finally we arrived at the cafe, walking with Athena is really a challenge. I get it she's hot but boys are super disrespectful towards us.

I heard a beep on my phone and I earn a text from Christopher.

My heart stops and I can feel the joy inside of me creeping in when I see his name.

"Chris texted me back." I smiled then Athena gave me a thumbs up and order coffee for us while I find a seat.

I open his text.

I'm not at home. Don't bother to come. I'm with my mom. She can take care of me. I need some alone time.

And that's it.

I can feel my heart shattered into pieces, you know that feeling when you thought a text from someone you love is happiness but then the moment you read their text and it looks something like what I received from Chris.. it really fucking hurts.

I wonder how did he do it before. Pretending he care too much about me just because he can get his Rasmus Live concert tickets from Joel.

I get it now.

I'm nothing to him and no matter how many times I give him signals that I love him. He never really cared.