Chapter 10: The Letter

Ashley’s POV
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“All right, looks like your all set” the nurse said when she finished with my stitches.

“Well I think you should give me your number, just in case I need your uh… services” I said with a smile.

She giggled, “Don’t think I’m not on to you Mr. Purdy”

“Oh I look forward to it babe,” I winked, and score! She gave me her number and I walked out, “you still got it Purdy” I said to myself. As I headed to Andy’s room I thought of Bryn. There was something about the way she never fell for any of my lines that made me extremely attracted to her, but I knew she was too good for me; she deserved someone better, not a player.

When I got to Andy’s room I saw Jake sleeping in a chair in the corner of the room, I gently shook him awake, “hey have you heard anything?” he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

“Yeah, the doctor said they expect him to live but…” he stopped and looked at Andy sadly. I gave him an encouraging look, “he may lose his voice” he said quietly like he was afraid Andy would hear him and put his head down.

I put my hand on his shoulder and said, “Jake, its okay, doctors can be wrong”

He shook his head, still not looking up “I thought of that too, but if they could be wrong about that, then they can be wrong about him living…” he was right I just didn’t want to admit it so I said nothing.

1 HOUR LATER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been sitting in Andy’s room for what felt like hours when I got a text from Bryn with a picture.

B-hey Purdy I finished that drawing thought u might want to see it
A-thanks I really needed that J
B-no prob is everything ok

Shit she didn’t know what happened

A-not exactly I’m at the hospital
B-holy shit! What hospital??
A-Hope Memorial
B-k be there soon!

I smiled, I was glad she was coming but I was dreading explaining what had happened, especially about Helena. She texted me when she got to the hospital and I told her to wait in the lobby, and that I would come get her. I stood up and and looked at Jake who had fallen back asleep, I wondered why he hadn’t called Ella yet.

When I got off the elevator I saw her pacing by the waiting area, even in sweats and a Falling in Reverse tshirt she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. As I walked toward her I tried to hide my limp, she had enough to worry about, “hey Bryn” I called out to her.

“Ashley!” she ran the rest of the way to me and gave me a hug “what’s going on? Who’s hurt?” she asked obviously shaking with worry. I took her hand and led her to some nearby chairs and we sat down, I winced as I felt my stiches pulling “Ash are YOU hurt?”

“not really, just a few stitches I’ll be fine, we are actually here for Andy, Jinxx, CC, and um and Helena” her eyes got wide

“What?!! What happened??” she yelled tears falling from her bright green eyes. And I told her everything starting from Helena breaking up with Andy up to what Jake said about him losing his voice, through it all her face stayed emotionless until I stopped talking and she fell into my arms and cried, I wiped the tears from her freckled cheeks and held her tightly to my chest, whispering that it was okay and that I was here for her. It took all I had to not tell her how incredibly much I cared for her, but I decided now wasn’t the right time.