Chapter 7: Heartbreak

Helena’s POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of soft snoring and looked up to see I was with Andy. I slowly got up so I didn’t wake him and went to the mirror, when I saw the bruises covering my neck I had to hold back the tears, I went to take a shower and get dressed and took extra time to cover the bruises. I took my phone out and called the shop, “True Tattoo, Jade speaking” my boss answered.

“Hey Jade, it’s Helena, could you tell me what time my first appointment is today?” I asked

“oh sure Lena, one second” I heard her going through the appointment book, “hmm you had one for noon, but the guy called and said he wouldn’t make it, and I don’t see any others here for you” I wasn’t surprised, I hadn’t been tattooing long so I didn’t have a lot of requests yet.

“Oh okay, do you want me to come in to take walk-ins?”

“Nah, Josh and Corrine are here, the three of us should be enough to cover the shop. Looks you got the day off chickie!”

“Sweet, I’ll see you tomorrow then! Bye Jade” I hung up and went to get something to eat.

Andy’s POV

1 HOUR LATER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hmph” I looked around the unfamiliar room I was in and remembered I stayed at Helena’s last night. I stretched and rubbed my eyes. I got up and walked out expecting to see Helena. “Hmm where is she?” I said to myself. Just then I heard a piano playing, so I followed the sound. It was coming from a room I hadn’t noticed the night before, it appeared to be a music room, there was a piano, a drum set, and a few guitars and basses. That’s when I saw her, she was sitting at the piano playing a beautiful slow song, I smiled, “morning”

She jumped, “holy shit Andy! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” I walked over and sat on the bench next to her,

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you” I kissed her on the cheek and rested my head on her shoulder, “what was that song you were playing?”

“Good Enough, by Evanescence,”

“I thought it sounded familiar, its beautiful, will you play it again?” she nodded and began playing after the long intro she started singing the words quietly to herself, “sing for me,” she hesitated and I put my arm around her, “please?” she sighed and sang louder so I could hear her. “Wow I had no idea you could sing like that, it was beautiful” I said when she finished the song.

She blushed, “thanks” that’s when I realized there was a lot I didn’t know about her, “what’s wrong?” she asked.

“I-I just realized there so much I don’t know about you, yet I’m so crazy about you, Helena I wanna know everything about you” I said kind of sadly.

“Trust me you don’t, it’s not a very happy story,” she started to get up and I grabbed her hand

“No, I do the good and the bad,”

“Andy…” she looked scared

“It’s not going to scare me away if that’s what you’re afraid of,”

“You say that now but-“

“but nothing, it will just make me love you more, Helena these last few days have been the best of my life, I’ve never know someone who could make me feel so happy and in love, and it kills me that I know so little about what makes you the perfect girl that holds my heart.”