Chapter ninteen

We watched Netflix for a while waiting for the rest of the boys to come home. During the binge session we were having I could tell something was bothering Cam.
"Okay, what's up with you?" I ask him, turning to look at him.
He smiles at me, "what do you mean? I'm perfectly fine!"
"That's complete bull," I roll my eyes "seriously what's wrong."
He turns to look at me, completely serious all of a sudden.
"It's just, I find it odd. We've been here all day, the others are at the school. You know Matt and his friends have realized that your alone with only one of us.  So why haven't they sent someone to attack?" He says.
that stumps me.
"We've spent this entire day messing around ya know, but I've still kept an eye out. But I've literally noticed nothing, it's like..." he trails.
"It's like what?" I say, crossing my legs.
"It's like they're planning something, something big. And it's gonna happen when everyone's together." He explains.
"You don't think they're planning like a mass execution, do you?"
He shrugs his shoulders, "I honestly don't know."

Suddenly, there's a loud knock at the door. Cam immediately becomes alert. Crawling to the side of the fort with the windows he peers out to see the door.
He turns around quickly, " Raine, go up the stairs, use your phone to call Jax. Go!" He whispers quickly to me.

With a concerned glance I turn and run up the stairs and pull out my phone, I quickly dial Jax's number.

"Rai? Is everything okay?" His concerned voice asks over the line.
"You guys need to get here fast, someone was at the door, cam looked really concerned, hurry!" I tell him fast.
I can hear Cam opening the door, and then there's a commotion down stairs, a fight has definitely broken out.
"You guys need to hurry! Please!"
"We're coming! Stay where your at!" Is the last thing Jax says before he hangs up the phone.
Woooow, jeez great advice
     Rolling my eyes I turn the corner beside the steps and slouch down to the floor, things downstairs sound pretty intense. Things are being knocked down and I can clearly hear glass shattering. My breathing quickens, Cam could be getting seriously hurt, because of me.
    A loud thump, which can literally only be described as someone dropping dead onto the floor fills my ears. Then I can hear feet pounding on the steps. I begin moving towards the bedroom door as quickly and quietly as I can.
    I make it inside and shut the door, I can hear the person walking around. My mind is clouded right now on whether or not that could be Cam, or if the body down there is him. I try and control my breathing as I look for any possible weapon to defend myself. This isn't my room, so my knives aren't there.

Great room choice, idiot.
   The footsteps get closer so I grab a lamp off the table and hide beside the door.

     The door opens and I prepare to slam the lamp down on the intruder.  With a yell I bring the lamp down, with a yell.  The "intruder" screams too, turning around.  Getting a good look I toss the lamp in the other direction instead of hitting them.

"Cam! A little warning next time!" I yell at him, the same time he yells, "Why do you have a lamp!!"

"What do you mean 'why do you have a lamp' do you not remember the part where someone came to kill us??"

"Oh, yeah makes since. But I had this." He explains with a smirk.

"Is-is he dead?" I ask, looking at the ground.

"No, but he's knocked out. I'm sure he's not the only person thatll be stopping by today. You called Jax?" He questions kicking shards of lamp.

"Yeah, he said they're on the way."

The sound of multiple tires squealing catches our attention. Looking out the window we see about four blacked out SUV's. Guys and a few women begin to get out of the cars.

"Good," Cam says, "we're gonna need all the backup we can get."

********
(A/N)
Okay loves, it's been literally forever. And you all probably hate me, I know I would. But I'm back, and I believe I'm better now, as a writer and as a person than I was before. It was a much needed break so I could recollect myself and go over this book. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue it but it has a soft spot in my heart. I'm so sorry again for bailing. Much love!