2.1 | jimin to y/n

friday morning: joowoon's house

y/n kept her ear out for the sound of jimin's car, she knew his vehicle had a very distinct sound and also how it sounded when pulling up along the road. meanwhile, jinhae was sitting in the living room, glancing out of the windows every now and then since his hearing wasn't as sharp as hers.

joowoon was still home, he hadn't left yet, but he will be soon.

he was getting ready in his room, and his hybrid got everything ready for him so he would be able to leave earlier. when he left, she ditched the dishes she was washing and sprinted up the stairs, fishing her phone out from the drawers and running back down.

she peered out the window, jinhae moving slightly to let her see.

"do you see his car?" he asked. she shook her head and glanced at the screen of her phone.

'five minutes kitten :)'

the message was sent around four minutes ago. she examined the view she had of the outside, perking up when she saw his mazda parking at the side of the road. she also noticed a bigger car that she couldn't pinpoint the type of parking opposite them.

jimin, clad in a black overcoat, shirt, and pants, stepped out from the car; yoongi, who was also decked out in black, did the same on the other side. both of them had black masks covering the lower half of their face, and they glanced around cautiously, approaching the door and knocking.

she ran over, pulling the door open and grinning brightly as her boyfriend and brother stepped in.

jimin immediately picked her up as she wrapped his arms around her neck, inhaling his scent. it relaxed her and she melted into his arms. he nudged her face away from his neck and pulled down his mask with his hand, pressing a kiss onto her lips lovingly.

"i missed you so much," he muttered in between kisses.

"i missed you too," she pulled away from him, resting her forehead against his.

his eyes flickered down to her neck, his hand slowly tracing it, "your collar..."

"joowoon broke it, i'm sorry."

"no," he shook his head, "we'll just get you a new one." tears then welled in his eyes, "i'm sorry, i'm sorry," he repeated, "i shouldn't have let you go alone."

as she murmured back responses, saying things like 'it wasn't your fault' to calm him down, yoongi and jinhae introduced themselves to each other.

"thank you, for taking care of my sister, i appreciate it," he sent him a respectful nod.

the younger replied with a smile, "no problem sir."

"sir?" yoongi chuckled, "how old am i? fifty? call me hyung."

jimin turned to the younger, flashing him a grateful smile, "jinhae, we want to offer you something on behalf of knj secretarial services. we'll give you a job there, as a personal assistant to one of the executives, and you'll stay with my brother while you collect enough money to get your own house. i asked jihyun and he said he was more than fine with it. what do you say? get away from joowoon and live freely?"

he grinned, "that sounds amazing, thank you. but won't joowoon just get me to come back, i am adopted under his name after all."

"don't forget we have someone really powerful on our side, he believes in hybrid freedom and just so happens to be one of the most influential people in south korea. namjoon said that once you tell the police about how joowoon treats you and what he did or does, it would be enough for them to talk about you getting readopted, which you can refuse and say you don't want to, and since you're over eighteen, they have to respect that."

he accepted the offer, nodding excitedly at the thought.

suddenly, the door opened loudly and they turned to see joowoon standing there, a gun in his hand. he looked furious, "i knew it! i knew it!" he shouted crazily.

jimin immediately let y/n down and pulled his gun out, standing in front of her protectively. 

"park jimin," he scowled, "what an honour."

"kang joowoon," jimin nodded in acknowledgement, "i didn't appreciate you buying my hybrid."

"maybe you should've looked after her better, then she wouldn't have gotten kidnapped and taken to the auction," he snickered, "i'm not letting her go by the way, i spent way too much money to only have her here for five days."

"nobody asked you to," she said, gripping her boyfriend's shirt tightly.

while they bickered, yoongi shifted into a wolf and quietly stalked around to behind the man, jinhae signaling for him to attack now. he obliged and pounced onto the man, bowling him over. the hybrid pinned him down, glaring him down while keeping his paws glued to his shoulders.

yoongi opened his mouth, showing his sharp fangs as he prepared to sink them into joowoon's neck.

"wait," y/n shouted, stopping him, "you can't kill him that way, the police will know immediately it was a hybrid."

"just put a bullet in his head," jinhae said, "makes everything easier."

"i agree," jimin nodded, aiming the gun at the man as he turned to her, "flatten your ears kitten, it's gonna be loud."

she put her hands over her ears and flattened her panther ears against her head, closing her eyes as she heard the muffled but still loud ring of the gun going off. she flinched, only opening her eyes when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"y/n, i'm sorry."

"what for?" she asked, removing her hands from her ears.

"i let you get kidnapped, i-i didn't protect you like i promised, i'm so sorry, i'm a horrible brother," yoongi stuttered, a tear slipping down his cheek.

"no, no, yoonie," she pulled her brother into a hug, "you protected me, don't you see? that promise was made almost twelve years ago, it's not easy to keep one for that long, but you did, you're amazing, especially as a brother. do not apologise for something you couldn't change or do, understand?"

he nodded gently, lifting his head and giving her a sad grin, "i'm glad you're safe, sis."

"same for you."