0.5 | explanation: love

tuesday noon: the office

jimin walked next to y/n on the way to lunch, jungkook, tae, jin, and namjoon on his other side while they gushed about her, and also sometimes suggesting certain 'things' to him. they talked about her looks, personality, and about how she took care of him.

he rolled his eyes at the group, "you do know that i can hear you guys," he turned to them for a few seconds.

"oh, we know," jungkook smirked, "just talking about how caring y/n is, wouldn't she be such a nice girlfriend?"

"you know i don't think of girlfriends as someone to just care for me," he growled.

"yea yea whatever."

he turned back to his hybrid, a small smile appearing on his face as he watched her observe everything carefully while taking steps towards their destination. for all he knew, she hasn't really been in the outside world for some time and this was possibly her first time in ages, and by the way she was acting, it sure looked like it. 

even so, he couldn't help but find it amusing whenever she pointed to a direction in questioning while looking at him curiously when they came to a crossroad. or when she started walking faster to see what was ahead before stopping there and waiting for the others to catch up. or when she asked him questions while glancing at her surroundings.

but the one he will always remember is when she asked, "what are they doing?" she pointed to two people holding hands, smiling at each other happily as the group settled into their seats at the cafe. he glanced at them, catching a glimpse of a wedding ring on both hands. he stared at them for a few minutes while formulating a way to explain to her.

"they are..." he trailed, suddenly grinning, "in love."

"what's that?" she asked quietly, as if she was scared to mumble the question.

"love is when two people like each other a lot. so much that they would do anything for the other, so much that they would care for the other no matter the problem, and so much that they learn to understand and respect each other's weaknesses and boundaries. and after a year or so of being together romantically with the other, they show each other's love by getting married and wearing a special type of ring in public." 

she tilted her head to the side, her ear twitching in thoughtfulness, "love sounds nice."

"it is, but it isn't that good for other people. there are some people who have a different view about love, they think that the point of getting into a relationship is to use the other person, either for daily chores they can't be bothered to do, money, or even, their body. but those people are wrong, love is nothing like that. and it's sad to say, a lot of people have this view. but it isn't their fault, there is always someone who shaped them to become like that." 

"does that happen to everyone? does everyone get used like that?"

"not everyone, but many people, both men and women face this. all of us believe that this is wrong and it should be dealt with, but no one cares about what we think. we've tried to bring it up with a few powerful people during the business parties, but they just said that people should get better at finding relationships."

she stayed silent for a few minutes, and jimin reach up to her ears, petting her gently, which caused her to lean towards him subconsciously with a loud purr, pushing her head towards his grasp. he chuckled and scratched a little more forcefully before pulling his hand away.

she then glanced at him, "have you been in love, jimin oppa?"

he nodded after awhile, "yes, but it was a bad one."

she pouted, "sorry, hopefully you find a good one," she smiled softly.

"thanks angel," he reached towards her head again, this time messing with her hair playfully. she giggled, running her hand through it to get it back in place. 

he beamed at her little laugh, turning his eyes into crescents as he chuckled once more.

meanwhile, the other four were watching them with their food in their mouths. they weren't even chewing, they were just observing the two. 

aware of the gazes on her, she glanced at their way, causing them to resume their actions quickly, stuffing their faces with food. he narrowed his eyes at them, "were you guys-"

"can't talk, eating," namjoon interrupted, gesturing to all of them.

~~~

the rest of the day was uneventful.

they all went back to work for the rest of day, and y/n went back to quietly helping her owner with his work, giving coffee when he needs it before swapping it out with water when he has had enough, organising and passing documents, and getting him a small snack in between his typing and paper signings. 

they left around six, driving straight home. jimin went to have a shower as soon as he got home while she stayed at the kitchen, swiftly stir-frying some vegetables and meat before shoving them on a plate with some rice. she left his plate on the dining table before quickly eating her share, retreating to her room to take a shower as well. 

she came out dressed in a hoodie with her hair and ears damp, drying them gently with a towel before hanging it aside as she sat on the couch next to him, watching what he played on the tv. he glanced at her before reaching for her, holding his arms out towards her. 

she hesitantly crawled to him, nestling in his arms with her back pressing against his chest. he draped his arms across her abdomen and rested his chin on the top of her head, closing one eye when he felt her ear twitch against his face as the fur brushed against his cheek gently instinctively. for some reason, she instantly relaxed, tucking her hands under her head while curling her legs up.

after the show ended, he looked over to her to see her sleeping soundly. he smiled and ran his hand through her hair, curling his fingers as he begun to scratch her ears. she purred, her cheek rubbing against his arm to urge him to continue. he obliged, sitting up and pulling her up to rest her in between his legs, her head on his chest. 

he languidly stroked her head, humming softly as he eyed the tv when the next program turned on. 

she was half awake, her eyes partially opened while her tail twined itself around his leg, the end flicking around in the air lazily. she pushed herself up a little more, attracting his attention.

"did i wake you?" he asked, his voice deep with drowsiness, "sorry."

"no," she purred softly, "you didn't," she nudged his hand with her head. he chuckled and continued with his action. after awhile, she randomly said, "do you know that petting a hybrid deepens the connection between the two?"

"i didn't, is that why you like getting pets from me?"

"not really, i just find it really relaxing, it feels really nice."

"it must be if you purr so much," he mumbled, letting out a yawn.

"let's get you to sleep, you look tired."

she slid away from his embrace, pulling him up from the couch, "goodnight jiminie oppa," she wished, separating to her room. he smiled.

"goodnight kitten."