"But he's my mate Grimm."

"You sent him away for a reason, my young noble lord." My eyes begin to falter as his stays firm with decision. I sent him away. . .No. I merely only did what I promised him. If 'sending' him away would keep him away from Christophe and the rest of those hordes of deceivers I would gladly make that decision again. Only because I care for him greatly, not because I want him gone.

"There is another way I'm sure of it. If it results to this than I will agree to it, but until then I want to hold off on any future arrangements of marriage." He nods his head in approval. I can only sit there in a bit of a daze and heartache. I never should have allowed him to kiss me, maybe then my decisions won't weigh so heavily on my heart.

Stevens enters the room with a smile on his face along with Lily and Michael. I close my eyes trying my best to contain my deteriorating persona to smile. We'll talk about this further on another day.

That day may never come to pass, My Lord. I look at Grimm quizzically before Stevens can stop to talk to him and leaves out the door leaving me with the three of them.

"We've heard the great news!" Lily shouts excitedly causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

". . .Great news?"

"You're engaged! CONGRATS!" Michael throws multi-colored confetti over my chair as Stevens releases the balloons he concealed behind his back into the room with a loud roar of laughter. I did not smile, not even once. Instead, I look at the balloons rising high into the ceiling and notice they're the colors of our territory. Gold and Maroon. The confetti that falls to the floor are the colors of the Western territories black, blue, and white making me grimace.

I wait for them to settle down and as soon as they realize I'm not joining in their little celebration they stop abruptly and kneel. "Y-your Grace? You don't seem too happy?" Michael says shakily. I grew up with him during my puppyhood years and he has always been afraid of me. Rather weak for his age scrawny, weak 'mix-match eyes', would always scurry away from me the moment I tried talking to him.

I know his nervousness came from the lack of socialization his parents failed to give him I'm usually lenient with his stuttering, low whispered, and awkward disposition, but I do not have the patience for that today. Even his face is beginning to annoy me. Everything is.

My eyes glower at him until he sinks further and further into the floor whimpering. As if knowing my unruly attitude Lily breaks my focus by saying "Perhaps we misheard, Your Grace." Her voice is wary and sad-sounding, but I pay it no mind and let out a grunt.

"Yeah. Perhaps we did. . ."Steven chimes in still head bowed.

"This is news to me. Who did you hear that from?" I ask annoyed and irritated beyond belief.

"The Council announced it earlier this morning. . . we thought you-" I cut her off with my hand. "Silence. Get Out."

"What?" All three of them ask in unison causing me to growl audibly.

"Did I stutter? Leave. Now." They quickly pick up their heads and their feet and don't bother to say anything more as they hurriedly walk out the room. As soon as I hear the door shut I pick up the chair I was sitting on and throw it across the the room so hard that it smashes against the furthest wall into hundreds of small pieces. Taking a visit to see those old, wretched raccoons, seems to be the best option I have at this moment.

Little did they know I had received word. if they did they still would not be in the Council room still talking about issues that we already discussed. I barge into the room completely enraged at the fact of them selling my hand to some beggar princess. Do they know what they have done?! "What. . .have you all done?" I ask completely calm and collected stomping down my rage entirely.