seventeen

—

Jimin twiddles his small thumbs together, staring down at the sheet in front of him. He reads over it again and again, wondering if he should lie. Squinting his eyes at the sentence, he feels an excitable sort of emotion deep in his belly.

What have you learned about your pen-pal(s) over these past two months?

Well, Jimin thinks rather smugly, I know that Jungkookie likes his hair pulled and that Taehyungie gets off on watching me fuck Kookie.

Despite his strong urge to write that down just to see the teacher get flustered and mad, Jimin jots down his boyfriends' likes.

- Taehyung loves strawberries
- Jungkook looks like a bunny
- Taehyung has a puppy named Yeontan
- Jungkook likes to sing and dance
- Taehyung just has his mom
- Jungkook has an older brother, a mom and dad
- Jungkook's eyes are big and sparkly
- Jungkook has a big, cute nose
- Taehyungie likes to be petted and adored
- Taehyung loves easily
- T̶a̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶K̶o̶o̶k̶i̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶
- I̶'̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶.̶

Jungkook pets Taehyung's thigh almost mindlessly. They're dozing off on Jungkook's couch after a long gaming session.

Taehyung jolts a little when the doorbell rings, making the two groan and whine in each other's ears, trying to persuade the other to get the door.

It seems that they don't have to after all when Jimin slinks in uninvited.

"Minnie!" Taehyung croons, lifting his arms and flexing his fingers in a grabby motion. "Kiss!"

Jimin smiles fondly, swooping down to press a warm kiss to Taehyung soft chapped lips. Taehyung hums happily.

"Hyung," Jungkook whines, head lolling on top of Taehyung's, "where's mine?"

Jimin rolls his eyes, scritching Jungkook's chin shortly. "Quit whining, you big baby." Jimin says when Jungkook continues to huff. The pink haired boy kisses the corner of Jungkook's mouth.

Taehyung giggles along with Jimin's high, squeaky laugh when Jungkook whines louder in response.

Taehyung stretches and yawns before standing up. He pats Jimin's fluffy hair once, eyes lingering on the way Jimin's lips mold against Jungkook's before shuffling to the kitchen for a bottle of water.

Jimin watches Taehyung blunder off from the corner of his eye, still bent over to kiss Jungkook. He straightens, ignoring Jungkook's needy yelp of protest and goes after Taehyung.

"What's up, baby?" Jimin asks after sliding his arms around Taehyung's waist. Taehyung leans back into Jimin's solid warmth easily. They fit well together.

Taehyung shrugs. "Not much."

Jimin hums in Taehyung's ear, chin propped on the taller's shoulder.

He studies the gentle curl of Taehyung's eyelashes; he's so close that he could probably count each one. Jimin looks at the globes of Taehyung's cheeks and the pout of his lips, the straight bridge of his nose and the freckles on his cheek, nose, and waterline.

When Jimin is about to break the silence (maybe tell Taehyung how beautiful he is, Jimin doesn't know) he is suddenly enveloped from behind. The heavy weight of Jungkook surprises Jimin, making him squeak.

Taehyung seems delighted when Jungkook joins in on the hug, making a Jimin sandwich, he turns around and loops his arms over both Jimin and Jungkook's shoulders, pressing flush against Jimin's front. He places a sweet kiss on his boyfriends' foreheads.

Jimin smiles, feeling his face heat up and his chest tighten with something akin to adoration. He can feel Jungkook's breathy hiccups of laughter, his chest jumps against Jimin's shoulders, rather than hear them. He's too immersed in trying not to cry like a baby for unknown reasons.

"Jiminie," Taehyung smiles– God fucking damnit, Jimin just can't catch a break –"what's on your mind? You're gonna get wrinkles if you think too hard."

Jimin scowls and shoves Taehyung away playfully, turning so that he's buried in the safety of Jungkook's warm, broad chest.

"Jungkookie! Tell Taehyung to stop being so mean!" Jimin whines, voice high and lilting.

Jungkook giggles, nose scrunching and eyes shutting with how big his smile is. Oh Jungkookie, lovely Jungkookie-

Jimin ignores Taehyung's squawking and pleading and Jungkook's cackling. He wraps his arms around Jungkook's waist and doesn't let go. Rests his head in the dip of Jungkook's shoulder and breathes in his soft scent.

Life is good, Jimin smiles against Jungkook's collarbone.

Weeks later when the three of them are cuddled up on the couch and the pen-pal project is finished, Jimin links hands with Taehyung and pets Jungkook's hair with his other.

Soft snow falls outside serenely and the orange glow of the street lamp gives a warmth to the vast white.

Jimin listens to the drone of the animated movie that Taehyung had picked, he feels the gentle thu-thump thu-thump of his boyfriends' heartbeats and wonders if this all will last.

I hope it does. I think I might be in a little over my head, a little in love. But that's okay.

Fin.

unedited. we die like men