three

Taehyung adjusts his jacket over the flimsy material of his shirt. He zips up his jacket tight and shoves his hands into his pockets.

It's only spring but Taehyung gets cold easily and he likes to ride his bike from and to school, so the wind is kind of a problem.

"Ugh," Taehyung whines, kicking at the ground as he walks to the bike racks in front of his school to retrieve his dark purple bike with a cute little mirror on it. "I don't want to ride home in the wind. It'll knock me over and I'll die."

"You won't die, Tae." A soft voice says from behind him. Taehyung whips around and points his finger at the unknown like he would a weapon.

Taehyung's just about to go on a rant about "why the fuck would you sneak up on a guy like that, dude, I could've killed you!"

But when he turns around, all he sees is the soft and pouty face of his hyung Yoongi.

"Yoongi!" Taehyung chirps happily, his whole demeanor brightening instantly. "I didn't know you went to this school!"

Yoongi's face twists unpleasantly and he looks at Taehyung like he's lost his mind. "What the fuck? I literally walk you through the hallways everyday because you're scared you're going to get mauled by vampires, which by the way, is not possible."

"That's what they want you to think, Yoongs," Taehyung sniffs, "it's all part of their plan to trick us. I only use you because you look like a vampire."

Taehyung dances out of the way with a merry laugh when Yoongi tries to hit him. He cheekily wags his butt at Yoongi before he's bounding off towards his bike. "See ya later, alligator!" He calls out behind him, he jumps and clicks his heels together like those characters in cartoons and ultimately fails when he almost falls flat on his face.

Taehyung stumbles a few steps to his bike but he smiles softly when he hears the soft tinkling laugh that emits from Yoongi. All in the days work, Taehyung thinks as he mounts his bike.

He wobbles a bit before he rights himself and pedals off towards the direction of his home. Taehyung waves blindly behind him to where he thinks Yoongi is at. He swerves out of a honking cars way at the last second.

"Watch where you're going, bucko!" Taehyung shouts angrily at the beat up car, shaking his fist dramatically.

The rest of his ride home is uneventful. Except when he went careening down that hill screaming at the top of his lungs because he almost lost his balance and flew into the tree where a family of robins nested.

Taehyung promises himself to bring little insects to them tomorrow to make up for almost crashing into their home.

When Taehyung parks his bike in the depression next to his garage, he wonders if a body is buried there and that's why it's a little greener and a little more steeper then the other land around it.

Taehyung slowly works his way into his house, trying not to make a sound as he creeps through the kitchen and into the living room.

He lets out a happy little squeal when he sees his puppy, Yeontan, passed out on the floor. Taehyung instantly whips out his phone and snaps a dozen pictures.

"You're so fucking cute-" Taehyung blubbers before he's interrupted by his phone buzzing in his hand. He doesn't even check who's calling him when he answers the phone, he's slightly mad that he just got interrupted from his very important business.

"Who the diddly darn fuck do you think you are," Taehyung wails, flailing his arms widely, almost knocking down the now awake Yeontan's playpen. "Calling me when I'm busy taking pictures of my precious puppy."

There's a deep amused laugh on the other end, and it doesn't sound familiar.

Dread and embarrassment settles deep in Taehyung's gut when the person on the other end says their name with a sultry sort of tone in their voice.

"Hey, it's Jeongguk."