eleven

The week passed quickly without any more problems. Taehyung avoidsJimin and Jeongguk like a plague, even though they didn't do anything. He was just too embarrassed to be confronted.

So now Taehyung is sitting at home sipping on a drink called 'peach nectar' that he got from the Mexican grocery store/restaurant around the corner of his street.

A movie plays on the tv screen but Taehyung hasn't been really following the plot. Taehyung thinks he put on a scary movie but he's not so sure.

Taehyung's phone buzzes a couple of times, alerting Taehyung of it's existence. He picks up his phone with a smack of his lips, the metallic taste from the tin can still lingering.

His cheeks flush slightly and his eyebrows furrow when he sees who texted him.

"Ugh," Taehyung whines, throwing his phone somewhere so he doesn't have to look at the screen. He goes back to trying to watch the movie but gets interrupted again when his phone buzzes with a call.

Taehyung huffs unhappily and reaches for his phone. He nabs it and brings his phone to his face and accepts the call on instinct.

Taehyung startles when Jimin's face appears instead of his voice. Oh my god it was a FaceTime call–

"Oh hey! Funny seeing you here, Jimin." Taehyung says, sentence tapering off into a whisper once he realizes how stupid he sounds. "Ignore me, please."

Jimin gives him a quizzical look. Taehyung grimaces.

Jimin smiles and it has Taehyung's chest clenching painfully. "So... what do you need?"

"Oh nothing, just wanted to talk to you s'all." Jimin says, words slurring slightly at the end of his sentence.

Taehyung can't help but blush. "Oh," he says. "Okay."

Jimin smiles again, but this time it's softer. "What are you doing right now, Tae?"

"Uh, I'm just watching a scary movie. I think." Taehyung replies, gaze flickering up to the screen of his tv.

"You think?" Jimin snorts, amusement dancing in his brown eyes.

Taehyung whines, pouting his lips. "Don't make fun of me!"

Jimin appreciates the way Taehyung looks, his dark hair looking soft and messy, the curved ends brushing against his long eyelashes and sparkling eyes.

"Okay, okay!" Jimin laughs, eyes shutting closed with how much he's smiling when Taehyung continues to whine.

"Hey, TaeTae." Jimin says, interrupting Taehyung before he can continue to be a brat, "Do you wanna go out to eat with me and Gukkie? Maybe on Friday?"

"Oh boy, would I!" Taehyung exclaims suddenly, eyes going wide before he blushes and nods in confirmation. "Yep, yep, I totally do."

Jimin laughs, eyes a bit knowing. "Okay Tae, we'll pick you up after school on Friday."

Taehyung nods his head, hair bouncing with every nod. "Can't wait." He says.

Jimin's smile widens as he waves his cute little hand in a goodbye. Taehyung waves back and ends the call with a shaky finger.

Taehyung stares at the screen of his tv, movie still rolling. He snaps out of his stupor when a jump scare pops up on screen, making Taehyung scream like a little girl as he clutches his phone to his chest.

"Oh, fuck me!"