thirteen

On Friday, Taehyung goes through school painstakingly slow.

Hours feel like years and minutes feel like weeks so when school is finally over for the day, Taehyung is immediately up and out of his chair and bolting for the school doors.

Yoongi ambles after him slowly, empty coffee cup still in his hand from lunch and his face mask underneath his chin, making him look soft and squishy.

He watches as Taehyung fumbles with the lock on his bike, cursing under his breath when he gets the passcode wrong each time. When he does get it he trips on his shoelace and knocks his bike over along with him.

Yoongi covers his mouth with his hand as he cackles at his best friend's defeat, even going as far as to point at him.

Taehyung shoots Yoongi his deadliest look he can muster, which isn't much because most of the time Taehyung looks like an overgrown puppy.

Yoongi grins, looking too innocent with that gummy smile of his, at Taehyung. Said boy sticks his tongue out at Yoongi in retaliation before he's hopping on his bike and pedaling home with a dramatic wail of "I hate you!"

Yoongi shakes his head and clicks his tongue before he dragging himself over to his car, sliding in and taking out his phone to check his messages.

When he sees that Hoseok has sent a bunch, mostly memes, he can't help but smile and feel his heart flip.

Mean while, Taehyung has gotten himself into slight trouble.

He doesn't even know how it happened, it just did!

One second, he was riding along the sidewalk peacefully and the next he's flying face first into the nearest bush.

His bike comes rumbling in right after Taehyung gets a mouthful of branches and leaves and the handles crash straight into his face, knocking his head back and making him let out a yelp.

Taehyung holds his nose and forehead with wide teary eyes as he sits there with a heavy bike on his legs and sharp branches stabbing into him from all directions. His face throbs and he just wants to go home.

The stress from all that's happened, even though not much has happened, is too much for Taehyung to take and he bursts into tears.

He tries to stifle his sobs but they're still too loud so he just buries his face into his knees and whimpers.

Minutes pass by in a blur of a whole lot of tears and self loathing. Taehyung blinks the tears clouding his eyes away and wipes at his runny nose when he sees a dog in a window.

They look old and happy, basking in the sun as they lay on the back of the couch like a gargoyle with their tongue hanging out.

Taehyung smiles slightly, and his damped mood lifts.

Taehyung stays there on the ground for a couple more minutes just watching the dog look content. When he finally gets up, it takes a while. He mounts his bike and pushes off, pedaling slowly.

When Taehyung reaches his house, he decides he wants to put Yeontan's play pen closer to the window so he can look out of it and sunbathe.

Taehyung sighs heavily before he trudges to the bathroom to take a well deserved bath before he gets ready for his "date."

The flowery fumes from the bath bomb has Taehyung smiling happily and breathing in deeper.

He can't believe just seeing a dog made him feel like he was just reborn. Wow. A dog's impact.

_