chapter seven

————

————

Chaerin slowly opens her eyes to the sounds of waves crashing softly and tropical birds chirping in the morning sky. She was cuddling Minyeong who was still sleep. The girls made it to Santorini, Greece and were super tired from all the jet lag that they ordered in for dinner and slept in. There were 3 rooms, a king sized bed that Hayun, Myeong, and Chaeyoung shared, Chaerin and Minyeong shared a queen size bed, and their manager Sejin had a queen size to herself.

Chaerin seems to be the first one up, she scoots out the bed slowly trying to to wake Minyeong up. She hears talking from the kitchen when she walks out.

"Sir they just came back.."

"They haven't even been here for more than 24 hours and your already wanting them back?"

Chaerin hides behind the wall to listen to more of the convo it sounds like Sejin is on the phone with Mr. Shin.

"Sir....you cant keep working them like this...they all have been through many rough patches in their life especially your niece and some of the others! This vacation is really needed to help clear their minds. Have a nice day Mr.Shin." With that Sejin hangs up.

Chaerin waits a few moments to reveal herself. She walks out like nothing has happened, "Morning!"

"Good Morning." Sejin smiles. Sejin begins to start breakfast and Chaerin makes coffee.

"It's so beautiful here." Chaerin says. "Yes I'm so glad Chaeyoung suggested this." Sejin smiles. Myeong and Hayun walk in giggling with each other. That was new....

"This place is so awesome and I slept so well!" Myeong flops on the couch, Hayun isn't a morning person she sits next to Chaerin and makes herself some coffee as well.

"Yeah I think we all really needed it...it's probably a good way for us to bond since we've only known each other for 7 months." Chaerin smiles but it slowly fades.

"What's wrong?" Sejin puts some toast in the toaster. "It's just kinda funny how the world works you know? When I was young my mother died and I had to move to Spain. I was so different from the other kids...I could barely speak any Spanish yet alone English...when I would learn more Spanish the kids over there would talk so bad about me then act like my friend to my face. It got so bad that I wanted to move and my father and brother and I did. We moved to New York and that was even harder. It got so expensive there, that my Dad struggle and so I thought, I want to become and idol to help them. And here I am." Chaerin wipes away a tear she didn't even realized she was crying.

"I'm sorry Chaerin." Hayun rubs her shoulder.

"It's fine I've pretty much have grown from it..shall we go to the beach today??" She changes the subject.

"Yes please! I've been wanting a little tan." Myeong jumps around a little excited.

"The beach it is, let's just wait till Chaeyoung and Minyeong wake up." Sejin says buttering the toast.

—————

The girls make to the beach a few hours later. They set up their umbrella and beach towels. Chaeyoung and Myeong had on long sleeve wet suits and a bikini bottom, Minyeong had a on a one piece along with Sejin, and Hayun and Chaerin had on two pieces.

The girls played in the water and swam. They even collected seashells and took many pictures they uploaded to Instagram.

@KRAZE.insta

Santorini 💋#Minyeong   #Hayun

Santorini 💋
#Minyeong #Hayun

Greece!!  🏝#Myeong #Chaeyoung

Greece!! 🏝
#Myeong #Chaeyoung

Take me away~ 🌅💗📸 by Chaeyoung #Chaerin

Take me away~ 🌅💗
📸 by Chaeyoung
#Chaerin

————

The girls find their way back to hotel worn out once again. They all take their showers and put on their onesies a fan gave them at the airport.

"Best day ever." Minyeong eats a cupcake they bought earlier.

Suddenly Sejin's phone rings and it's Mr. Shin. "Hello?" Sejin says. She puts the phone on speaker.

"Girls?" His voice says.

"Uncle! You still sound drunk and old!" Hayun gives him a jab. "Glad the waves didn't wash you away Hayun." He says bitterly.

"Girls we have good and bad news." He finally says.

"Say the good news..." Chaerin says.

"Your comeback is running smoothly and you should be coming back by early August!"

"Well that's exciting." Chaeyoung says quietly.

"Okay now bad news.." his demeanor changes.

"Myeong it's your father...he's come out to the public saying horrible stuff." Mr Shin reveals.

The girls go silent and look at her, Myeong looks at them all. She immediately grabs her phone and gasps at the article sent to her.

Chaerin looks at her members with concern. This day went from good to bad really quick.