Craig and I finally made it to our next class and we immediately went to pulling out our notes for the class, since we ended up coming in late anyways. The class began and everyone listened to the lesson being given. My mind wandered and I questioned whether or not we should go to the football game. Honestly, we knew we'll run into Daniel there and today's encounter won't bode well for us later on. We only want to go for-.

"Kayla?" I heard Craig call. A girl next to me turned to him and he asked, "Mind if I copy down yesterday's notes from your journal?"

She flashed him a soft smile and said, "Sure thing." She handed him her journal and he thanked her. We made eye contact and gave each other smiles. Kayla Tyler is Craig's cousin, but she's practically around like a big sister. She's a cheerleader and a beautiful one at that, with blonde hair and soft blue eyes. She's a sweet girl and every chance she gets, she always asks me to play something for her. She can never ask Craig because he only refuses to tease her, so she knows I'm the better option to hear some music. We're only going to see her cheer. She's the reason we always go to the school's football games. Craig and I barely pay much attention to the actual game. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't go.

"You both are coming to the game, right?" she asked, eyes sparkling. I nodded and she beamed. "Of course we're going. We always go to every game you're in," I told her.

"Thanks," she said. Craig suddenly handed Kayla her journal back and she thanked him for it. The three of us went to writing notes the teacher was giving the class. As I wrote, I was already coming up with various ways to avoid any confrontation with Daniel and the rest of the football team. One jock is enough for us.

...

School came to an end for today. The last bell had rung and students were piling out onto the front of the campus. I already picked up my violin from the orchestra room to take home. I texted my mother like she wanted me to and I waited. Craig and Kayla take bus so they're already out on the road towards their homes. After a few minutes, I saw my mother's car drive past the gates and come up by the curb to pick me up. I went up to the passenger door, opened it and jumped in. "Hello, Okaasan," I greeted her as I closed the door and buckled myself in. "Hey, Ao," she started as she began driving, "how was your day today?"

"It was good," I lied. It was decent. "Later on Craig is coming over so we can rehearse our duet and then we'll go to tonight's football game together." She nodded and said, "Okay, that sounds good. Your father will be busy with work tonight until morning. I'll be going in for work at tonight's shift. So, it's fortunate that you'll be leaving the house for a bit. I wouldn't want you to be alone for so long."

"What time do you get back?" I asked.

"At twelve, midnight," she answered. "So don't stay up. You have to be asleep by the time I get back."

"Don't worry, Okaasan, I will," I assured her.

After ten minutes our home came into sight and we drove onto our curved drive-way. My mother shut the car off and we both got out and made our way inside. As soon as I was inside I went up to my room, put my stuff away and plopped down on my bed. I sighed from the long day. Craig said he's coming by in about an hour so I'll have to wait for him. Until then I should do something.

Draw.

"Do I have enough time?" I asked.

Yes. Go ahead and draw. Whatever you would like.

"Alright then," I said and got up to grab my sketchbook from my desk and a pencil. I sat back on my bed, wondering what to draw. Then an idea came to my mind.

"Can I draw you?" I asked.

Why?

"Because I want to try and see what you look like again!" I beamed.