Chapter 55

*HEY GUYS!! THIS ONE TOOK LONGER TO FINISH THAN IT SHOULD HAVE BUT, I STILL UPDATED, SO YAY!! ALTHOUGH, I DON'T HAVE A VALENTINE'S CHAPTER (since valentines is just around the corner) I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE NEXT UPDATE. BUT FOR NOW, PLEASE YOUR C&B CRAVE WITH CHAPTER 55 AND SOME QUESTIONS.~

Questions!!
-Who is your Valentine? (My Valentine is actually my best friend. No, she's not a last resort. She was my first choice actually.)
-What's your favorite type of Valentine's gift? (It honestly doesn't matter, as long as my Valentine and I are happy. Although, I do love stuffed animals.)

THANK YOU AND ENJOY THE CHAPTER!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 55

Ao's POV

Kayla and I were standing around outside. School had just ended and the both of us were waiting for Craig to take us home. Unfortunately, he was no where to be seen when we came out and he hasn't shown up for the past fifteen minutes that we've been out here.

"Don't tell me he's arguing somewhere with Xavier again," Kayla half-joked, half-grumbled.

"They haven't talked all week, I doubt they'd suddenly get into a fight," I said, but even I was unsure of my assumption.

"We'll give him ten more minutes," Kayla stated, "If he doesn't show, we're going on a man-hunt for him." She suddenly turned to me and her expression softened. "Ao, have you been alright?," she asked.

I looked at her and murmured, "Yeah. Why..?"

She shrugged. "You've been more quiet than usual lately. I didn't want to ask why and bother you. I thought you might have just been tired from catching up with so many assignments. Are you also sick, by any chance?"

I cocked and eyebrow. "No. Why are you asking...?"

"You haven't looked well either," she said, "You look sleep deprived. Plus, you throwing up in the trash can during U.S. History didn't seem like fun times and rainbows."

"Lunch tasted funny," I countered.

Kayla gave me a quizzical look. "It was just fine. We ate the same thing and I didn't get sick." She paused for a moment. "Was it the video we had watched in class? Remember, the Donner Party and their acts of cannibalism? The teacher said it was a little uncomfortable to watch but he's seen worse documentary segments on it. It was pretty interesting actually..." I stopped listening to Kayla and focused on controlling the uneasy feeling in my stomach that grew as she talked.

"Ao," she called out and held my arms, "hey, are you cool? Do you need to see the nurse?"

I looked back up into her blue eyes and gulped. "I'll be fine," I murmured, "the nurse is probably off duty by now anyway."

Kayla stared at me for a few seconds before saying, "Ao, if something is bothering you, you can tell me. You can tell me anything, you know that. Craig, too."

But not this, I thought to myself, not anything anymore.

"I'm fine," I lied, "I just need to go home and maybe make myself some hot tea. The usual stress-relieving remedies and stuff."

"You should do that," she said, before her expression hardened again and she grumbled, "if Craig would kindly show up."

"Hey!," someone called out to us. Kayla and I turned to see a red-headed boy walking towards us. I recognized him as Aaron Witek, the student who Craig had mentioned to me. He stood in front of us, looking slightly exasperated. "Are you two girls Ao Matsukochi and Kayla Tyler?"