Chapter 40

*HEY GUYS! WELCOME TO ANOTHER CHAPTER OF C&B! I WON'T BE GIVING YOU GUYS ANY QUESTIONS THIS TIME SO YOU CAN ALL GET RIGHT INTO THE STORY. THE PICTURE IN THE MULTIMEDIA WAS DRAWN BY ME. HOPE IT'S SOMEWHAT APPEALING TO THE EYE. XD*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 40

Jeff's POV

This is such a great day. I lost Ao somewhere in this city and left her to run from Corrupted; I nearly got a chunk of me eaten by some white haired bastard; Elizabeth is about to come and rip me apart and finish what the white haired bastard didn't. Best day ever.

There was no way for me to defend myself and I wouldn't be able to make it to my motorcycle in time. Elizabeth's demonic hands could snatch me up in an instant and crush and/or feed me to her. Seeing as she mauled a Corrupted, I don't want that to happen. I couldn't see anyway out of this though. I'm injured and terrified. The worst combination in this sort of situation. All I could seem to do was stare back at Elizabeth. Her body twitched sporadically, she eyed me with her visible unnatural eye, the other one is covered by that black substance on her face. She started stalking towards me with an unsteady gait. Her metal arm swayed back and forth, still limp and out of order. She would release deep growls or violent hisses. She kept coming closer and closer with the desire to eat me just like she devoured the Corrupted to death. Will she eat me alive too? I don't want to watch her gorge on me.

She was only a few feet away now and by her body movement I could tell she was getting ready to pounce the rest of the way. Just as I was getting ready to face my doom, sirens wailed and red and blue lights flashed against the buildings behind Elizabeth. My heart stopped pounding against my chest for a moment until it continued its violent beating. Four police cars stopped a few meters away, lights flashing continuously but the sirens stopped. I shook my head, mentally screaming for the cops to drive away. Not because I fear I'll be arrested. No, because I fear they're going to get eaten.

Elizabeth turned to see the cars and the police officers who rode in them. They all seemed really appalled by the sight that was Elizabeth and the mess the fighting left behind. Still, they raised their guns and held their ground. A speaker from one of the cars said, "Put your hands up and stay where you are! Do not attack or we will fire!" I could hear Elizabeth growl and then she did the worst thing. She turned her attention onto them. I was forgotten, ignored for a bigger quantity of prey. The flashing lights couldn't have helped either. They scream for her attention more than anything else. Elizabeth hunched down and her demonic hands leaned forward, formed like claws. My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach.

"RUN!!!" I shouted as loud and aggressively as I could at the cops.

Elizabeth was dangerously fast. She sprinted forward, growling like an animal. Before I knew it, her right demonic hand smashed itself into a squad car, making the back end jump up from the ground and flattening the front. Officers fired their guns but the left hand protected Elizabeth from the bullets. The right hand smacked down a few officers and smashed or upturned more cruisers. She was quick to seek out her first victim and she jumped onto a cop. They went falling and she sunk her teeth into his shoulder. He screamed and flailed. Luckily, though, she was crunching on his radio...

As the officers were distracted with trying to save their colleague, I got up from the ground and ran back to my bike. I hopped on and turned the engine. I revved the engine as loud and long as I could. It roared like a beast and was enough to catch Elizabeth's attention. She turned her head up to look at me, radio wires hanging from her mouth. I revved the engine harder and she roared back. She lifted herself off of the cop and started prowling towards me. I revved the engine hard one last time before racing away. I heard her roar behind me and I checked one of my side mirrors to see her chasing after me. I grit my teeth and upped the speed. My heart was beating and I could almost hear it in my ears. I didn't have a specific destination, I just needed to draw Elizabeth away from people and hopefully survive too.