Chapter 68

*YO THESE CHAPTERS ARE JUST FLYING. ISN'T THAT GREAT?!!!

Also, trigger warning because I will break your hearts again--toODLES.*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 68

Elizabeth's POV

[A Few Days After The Attack]

Jeff is taking a while to wake up.

His wrists and ankles are bound by iron cuffs linked to chains. The chains are fastened to the wall behind him. They're not lengthy enough to let him lay on the floor, so he only kneels on his knees and sleeps leaning forward. I'm stuck against a metal, vertical platform facing him. Huge iron restraints cover my legs, torso, and hold my head back. I can barely move. The restraints also keep me from transforming and using magic somehow. I can't do a thing but stare at Jeff and hope for him to wake up.

I was previously unconscious for about two days. A day has passed already, and now we're on a new one. Jeff hasn't even moved. I'm scared he never will.

Staying in such silence and solitude forces my mind to wander to the recent events.

Everyone is captured. Our home was ransacked. Everyone was taken to SCP and now we're all stuck here. Slenderman is dead, and Ao is gone.

Slenderman is dead. I never thought I'd find myself thinking about that of a powerful being like him. I never expected him to die. No one did. Then again, no one expected Zalgo to go to such lengths to make us suffer. I fucking hate him...

My eyes start hurting whenever I stare at Jeff too much. I keep thinking that if I gaze at him long enough then he'll lift his head and gaze back. I grow tired from staring, though, and start to fall asleep.

Just when my eyes close, I hear the sound of chains clinking and I force them open again. Jeff groans and shakes his head a bit before looking up.

"Ellie!," he blurts, and I nearly sob with relief.

"Thank god, you're alive! I was starting to think you were dead...," I said.

"Are you okay? Where are we?"

"In that SCP facility Zalgo mentioned," I answered him, "And, I'm okay. I'm more worried about you."

Jeff tries to move around but he winces when the chains tug on his wrists and ankles. He stops and stares down at the floor, his shoulders tense.

Suddenly, he screams and I flinch in my restraints. He yanks at his chains and screams in anger until he can't scream anymore and grows quiet again. Tears gently fall from my eyes having heard the turmoil in his voice and in his silence. His fists are clenched and shaking, and I speak to him in a soft voice. "Jeff... Don't waste your strength. Please..."

Reluctantly, he nods.

"Look up at me...," I tell him.

He keeps hanging his head.

"Jeff, please," I whimper, "Let me see your face. You've hung your head long enough, anyway. Look at me."

He slowly lifts his head and my chest hurts. There are cuts on his face from where people punched him, but what pained me the most was the look in his dark eyes. He looked defeated but complicated inside. His hair hung in his face, adding more to his depressed demeanor.

"...I'm sorry if I scared you," he murmured, "I didn't mean to."

"Don't apologize for that," I replied, "I just wish I could do something about this."