Chapter 73

*HAHA THIS ISN'T REALLY A "NICE" CHRISTMAS PRESENT BUT EH

ENJOY THE CHAPTER EVERYONE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!~*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 73

Zalgo reared back to swing another whip of black, boiling liquid at me. I dodged out of the way before anything could hit me, and when I turned back there was a new gaping gash in the concrete, steaming from the intense heat. I didn't want to imagine what would happen to me if I let a single droplet hit my body.

As I was transfixed by the destruction caused by the black liquid, Zalgo sent the tendrils after me. One of them caught my foot but I quickly severed it with a red glowing hand. Zalgo groaned from the momentary pain and what was left on my ankle dissipated into nothing. My mind was in a state of panic as I kept moving around to stay out of the way of tendrils and boiling liquid. Once, a droplet nearly reached my boot and it was enough to have me reeling.

"Aw, what happened to all of that moxie, Ao?," Zalgo taunted me in his menacing voice. "You were so adamant about killing me, and now you're running around like an ant trying to escape a stomping shoe. Are you inadequate to fight me, is that it? How pathetic. Slender should have taught you better, that incompetent fool."

I dodged another oncoming tendril but I caught it within my grip and tore part of it off with the scarlet magic. The demented entity didn't flinch one bit and only chuckled with amusement. I watched him closely as Sam started speaking to me.

I'll keep you shielded while you try to get close to him.

"Get close?"

You have to. I'll follow your lead and do what I must.

I gulped as I readied myself for a plan of maneuvering. Zalgo didn't give me much time to think as he sent more tendrils out for me. Nerves set in and I ran out of the way to a different point. Every time I moved, he'd turn to face me, leaving me at a loss of a vantage point. Him facing me keeps his sights on me, and I won't be able to figure out a way to move around to a vulnerable spot. He's an infinite entity but everything has their blind spots.

To my right, I saw a few rooftop AC units to use as temporary cover. Quickly, I dashed for them and ducked behind one of them. While I hid, Zalgo laughed and spoke aloud, "Really, Ao? I know where you are, little proxy. Just how amateur can you get?"

I heard the sounds of his shoes tapping against the concrete as he began making his way over, toying with me. While I listened to his footsteps, an idea came to mind and I placed my hands against the AC unit. Knowing Sam, he'd know what my intentions are. I listened as Zalgo started coming closer, and closer, and closer while his footsteps became louder, and louder, and louder. Finally, when he sounded too close for comfort, I ordered, "Now!"

Sam ripped the giant AC unit from its foundation and sent it flying smack into Zalgo's body. While he was down, I ran ahead as red scrawling began lacing my arms. Just as Zalgo shoved the bent AC unit off of him, I leaped and landed a hard punch right into his head. The magic intensified my force, causing the concrete under us to crack against the weight of my hit. When I raised my fist to bring down another punch, a tendril wrapped itself around my neck and lifted me up.

While I struggled as the tentacle began wrapping around my entire body, Zalgo cackled and stood to his feet. His face was slightly damaged from my hit and his smile was as distasteful as ever. "Nice try, but that won't do much, unfortunately for you. Now that I have you in my grasp, I wonder what will happen if I crush you. Will I be able to hear bones breaking under the sounds of your screaming? Let's see."