Chapter 26

*BONJOUR ET BIENVENUE! HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE OF C&B! I WANT TO THANK MY BUDDY _ArchAngel FOR HELPING ME AGAIN. XD I KNOW I'VE BEEN THROWING OUT A LOT OF UPDATES BUT ISN'T THAT GOOD? ANYWAY, LET'S MOVE ON TO QUESTIONS.

QUESTIONS!!:
-Who is your favorite Marvel and/or DC character? (Deadpool all teh way, brah.)
-What do you think Victoria's secret is? (I think she's secretly a man. •-•)

ENJOY THE CHAPTER, GUYS!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 26

Jeff and I made it to our destination after two hours, and we stopped for gas again of course, which we "stole". People were giving faces at us, especially Jeff, what with the pink helmet. He didn't seem to mind, and if he did, he didn't show it. "Okay," he said as we parked by a curb, "We're going to scour the area as effectively as we can. We'll ask around for information. Don't draw too much attention to yourself. We don't want trouble."

"Got it," I said. "Where will we go for information?"

"Leave that to me," Jeff said. "Could you call Ben? Don't let him travel through, just talk. He'll answer."

I nodded and pulled out my phone. "Ben, it's Ao and Jeff," I started, "we need some help."

"Who and Jeff?" Ben asked and I could just hear the smile on his face. I sighed. "Sheba and Jeff," I muttered.

"Oh hey, Sheba! Whatcha guys need?"

"We need any sort of recent records about our scourge or any signs of the proxy symbol," Jeff spoke up.

"On it," Ben chimed and we heard from him no more.

"Will he find anything?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sure he will," Jeff said, "he's a total nerd for technology. He can work his way through. For now, we should ask around to see if there are any big, town events coming up or places with large numbers of people. She usually marks the symbol around these areas."

"Just like the carnival," I stated. Jeff nodded. "Let's get going," he said and cruised his motorcycle along the streets. We stopped by a shop and Jeff had me wait by the bike as he went inside. Through the window, I watched him have a talk with who must've been the owner. After a few moments, Jeff came back out and said, "There's a local plaza just a few blocks from here. I bet she'll wind up there."

Jeff got back on his bike and we drove off towards said plaza. When we got there, there was a big open space full of strolling people, with more popular shops around in a U shape. Jeff parked his bike under a tree, away from the crowd and we began walking around. "Look for possible points of interest. Any place were you think she'll mark the symbol."

"Wait," I said, just before he started walking off into the public. "Um...what do I do about my clothes...?"

"Oh right," Jeff mumbled, "You're all gunked up. Okay, first order of business for you....find a bathroom and change."

"Sounds good," I beamed and we split up. I headed for a bathroom area, with my duffle bag at hand, and waited in a line of women and girls. Not surprising, I received stares. I just smiled at people and pretended like I wasn't caked with black ooze. Once I came to the front of the line and got my turn, I changed in a stall, removing my sweater, shirt and pants, everything that was dirty. I changed into a tank top, cerulean blue jacket, and black jeans. My shoes were spotted with a little ooze but nothing a little damp paper towel can't fix! Checking myself on my phone though, I frowned at how wretched my hair was. Actually, my face was pretty dirty and the scrape on my jaw didn't help conceal the fact that I got messed up. "Ugh, I need a trip to the salon after this...and the doctors," I mumbled to myself. I cleaned my glasses to a shine and placed my dirtied clothes in my duffel bag, separated from everything else inside. "Can you do hair, Sam?" I asked.