Chapter 70

Chapter 70

Ao's POV

Dawn had barely passed when we all set out towards the TIRACorp building. Ms. P came along so that she could lead Craig, Kayla and Xavier back to the mansion when it was their time to run. I sat in the back seat while Kayla sat up front, fixing her hair, and wearing fake glasses. Xavier, sitting next to me, was messing with the ID tag that hung on the chest pocket of his button-up shirt. It had his picture, along with a fake name on it, labeling him as a student at the local university. Kayla also had a fake ID that said she was a student. They'll be going in as students on a field trip to TIRACorp for an "exam assignment".

Without anything to focus on, I thought back to the afternoon when I told them their roles in the plan.

Kayla was gaping at me, wide eyed, and had asked, "Are you serious? Are they gonna believe that?"

"If the IDs look real enough, yes," I had replied.

Xavier, jumping straight to the real question, asked me, "What do we have to do once we're inside?"

"What you will have to do is go on the little tour that an employee will give you," I explained, "They'll take you up the building and tell you all about the work they do. Kayla, since you're more engaging with people, you'll ask most of the questions and get most of the attention. Xavier, your job is to observe the places you go to and find the security room or the computer mainframe."

"How will I find either of those?"

"The security room is on the first floor, but it'll be hard to get in because that floor has the most people."

"And, the mainframe?," Kayla jutted in.

"It's on the very top floor," I answered.

"Lovely," the blonde girl grumbled.

I had smiled at her and assured her, "Don't worry. I'm going to sabotage the generators that are outside of the entire facility. Within the first thirty minutes that you're in there, the power will shut down and the emergency lights will start up. While that happens, I'll set off one of the pipe bombs on the east side of the building. People will be in a rush of panic, so in the commotion, you two will be able to find the security room or mainframe. Preferably the mainframe."

"And, we'll have the earpieces to fill you in on everything," Xavier commented.

"Exactly!," I chimed.

"Sounds...solid," Kayla murmured, picking at the sleeve of her jacket.

"As long as you follow my instructions, everything will be fine," I stated surely, "Trust me."

I'm glad all of them have complete and total faith in me despite all of this craziness.

When Craig made it a few blocks away from the TIRACorp building, Kayla and Xavier exited the truck to walk up to the security toll gate by themselves. I led Craig and Ms. P in a route to get us behind the TIRACorp building that wouldn't draw attention to us. As Craig drove, I overheard the conversation Kayla had with the security guard, that she and Xavier only took a bus and walked the rest of the way. There was some hesitance, but they got in anyway.

Craig parked the truck behind the cover of a diner that wasn't open yet. So, Ms. P, Craig and I waited in our seats, listening in on Kayla and Xavier's every word through the small radio that I had. Indirectly, they would fill us in on where they currently were, and what they saw around them. By the time ten minutes had passed, they were already past the first five floors of the building.