Mothers Everywhere Are All The Same

Being the one and only close friend of the Yorozuya, you thought it was perfectly fine to walk into the building. "Gintoki? Kagura? Shinpachi? ...I guess they're not home." you glanced around one more time then walked towards the exit. However, you were taken off guard by the door opening in front of you. Yourself and the person who opened the door shrieked.

"[na]-[na]-[name]-san?!"

"Shinpachi?! You scared the hell out of me!"

"You scared me! I thought you were a burglar!" you held your chest and calmed down after a few seconds. Shinpachi then explained what was going on, "We're downstairs in Otose's shop. We have a client... for once. There's a woman asking us to find her son. She thinks he's around in the Kabuki district."

"Okay, but then what're doing up here Shinpachi?"

"The woman gave me a box of food, then told me to go put it in out fridge."

"Just like a mother would, looking out for her children."

。。。

"What's that picture you have there?" you pointed at the photo Gintoki had in his hands.

"Have you seen this guy anywhere? It's the son that's missing," he handed you the paper. "His name is Hachiro Kuroita."

"I've never seen this guy before... and I know a lot of people," you mentioned.

"Who is this?" the mother approached you.

"Oh, sorry for not introducing myself when I walked in. I'm [last name] [name]. I meet a ton of people for my work and I've never seen him before. I think I would remember Hachiro-san if he ever walked in front of me."

"You know, names don't mean anything here in the Kabukicho," Otose said. "There are a lot of guys living here who've disbanded their name and their past."

"Just a minute, madam," Hachiro's mother placed her hands on her hips. "Are you suggesting that my son is doing something fishy?"

"No, no. I only said there's a lot of people like that in this town."

The woman glared at Otose, "No way! Hachiro isn't like that! From the time he was little, that boy was smart, earnest and a devoted son. Five years ago, he came out to Edo by himself because his father suddenly died and he wanted to help out poor family. That boy..." she slammed her hand onto the table and teared up, "would never... become a treasure hunter!"

"How is that smart?!"

。。。

After a while of chatting, you thought that it would be a good idea to split up around Kabukicho to look for Hachiro. You walked along the busy shopping street and asked around for the son with a picture in hand. Even after doing this for half an hour, there were no leads. You then decided it was time to meet up at the designated spot-in front of an underground doctor's office.

Gintoki met up with you, "So, did you find anything?"

"Nothing so far," you shook your head. "I wonder if Shinpachi and Kagura have found anything, and Hachiro's mom too. They're taking their time."

"Gin-san!"

"[name]-nee!"

"There was nothing on my end," Shinpachi informed. "Not even a clue..."

"No luck here, either," Kagura said, patting Sadaharu on the head. "This is so full of granny's scent that it's affected Sadaharu's nose."

"How about you, Gin-san, [name]-san?" Shinpachi looked up from where you and the Yorozuya leader were standing-Town Doctor Whitejack, the doctor's place read. "This is that underground doctor... You're not thinking...?"