What Happens Twice Can Happen Thrice

"I didn't know you couldn't swim, Kyūbei-chan." You played with the pool water as you watched Otae teach the girl how to properly manage her breathing. "Well, it's not necessarily a bad thing though. I'm sure you'll learn quickly."

The black-haired girl inhaled a deep breath and practiced keeping her head underwater. "I can't seem to keep my head down for more than ten seconds... Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Kyū-chan! You're already doing so well!"

"Yeah, listen to Otae-chan. We'll be in the deep end before we know it!" You grabbed onto one of her hand and pulled her along in the water to the metal railing that was separating the shallow and deep end. "How about we practice kicking this time?"

"Good idea, [name]-chan. Kyū-chan, just hold onto the fence, put your body in the water and kick the surface of the water, like this." You had thought that Otae would just make regular beach waves since it was a demonstration—but instead, her kicks stirred up a tsunami. If anyone had been behind her, they would've all been blown away.

"I know Kyūbei-chan can probably do that too, but I think that was a bit too reckless..."

Otae then got up from the water. "Did you get– Hey, those lifeguards are looking straight at us with those binoculars. Wait here a moment." While she was dealing with the perverted lifeguards, yourself and Kyūbei decided to relax on the steps of the kiddie pool.

You had thought that the brown-haired woman would've dealt with the men where they stood, but she had actually brought them towards you two. "Are you blind?!" She grabbed their faces and threw them into water in front of you.

The silver-haired man was struggling against her grip and grabbed the thing closest to him—Kyūbei's one-piece swimsuit. But luckily, you prevented his hand from making contact with her by throwing him across the pool. The other man who wore sunglasses barely grazed your leg, but you gave him the same treatment.

"He didn't touch you, did he, Kyūbei-chan?!" You held her close to you and far away from the men.

"This is why I didn't want to come!" She brought her knees up to her face and teared up. "I hate swimsuits, I hate the pool!"

"The hell are you bastards doing?! Do you want me to strangle you?!" Otae yelled at them.

"We were doing our jobs as lifeguards!" they shouted back—of course, when you got a good look at them, it was Gintoki and Hasegawa, your local scum bags.

"Zip it! Your noses are bleeding, you pervs!" You pointed accusingly at them. Otae took over your position and held Kyūbei close to her.

"Our noses?! We were bleeding everywhere, thanks to you three! Anyway, this is the kiddie pool! Adults aren't allowed in here!"

"Don't blame us! Kyū-chan here can't swim, so she was practicing here!" Otae stroked her friend's hair, "Sorry, Kyū-chan. It's my fault for forcing you to come here..." Kyūbei used this to her advantage and face planted into Otae's breasts.

"She's really enjoying herself, huh?" You then approached the two guys and held them by their scalp, "We're turning you in to the police! That's the quickest solution!"

"This is all a misunderstanding!"

"Otae-san!" You heard from the other side of the pool, "Allow me to handle this! I have proof of their crime on tape! I'll arrest them on the spot!"

Otae jumped on Kondo's face, "Arrest yourself!"

"My Lady! I have filmed the evildoings of that cop! The stalker is finished! Our plan is a success!" It was Kyūbei's attendant, Tōjō.