Summer Vacation Is The Most Fun Right Before It Begins

"Kagura! Cover yourself with your umbrella!"

"But [name]-nee, it's so much fun to be out here on the beach!"

"We're here on a job- Don't go too far!" you had completely forgotten that you were speaking to a fourteen-year-old girl who was beach-deprived. Kagura was way too excited to be here; but you couldn't blame her. You should be blaming Gintoki for not bringing her out here more often.

Speaking of the man, where was he? You, on the other hand, were currently walking around on the sand doing your job - which was finding someone taking pictures of girls in their swimsuits. Your eyes fluttered to the Coast Guard Headquarters, where... Gintoki and Shinpachi were sitting.

"Oi, oi..." your eyebrow twitched at the sight-the two hormonal boys were looking through binoculars, presumably at girls on the beach. And so, you being the responsible one, approached the older man and moved your face in front of his binoculars. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Hey, Shinpachi. I think I see a sea monster. It looks like it wants to kill me."

"Gin-san... I think she does want to kill- Gin-san!" Shinpachi reached out to his now bruised boss.

"You too, Shinpachi!" you smacked him on the head, but not as hard as you hit your other friend. "You guys should know not to do stuff like this at a beach! For all I know, you two are the people we're looking for! Now stop being distracted! What happens if a fight breaks out-"

"[name]-san, I think there might be a fight breaking out... Is that Kagura-chan over there?!" Shinpachi pointed towards a crowd a few meters away. They were surrounding the girl and another person.

"Kagura! Kagura!" you shouted as you pushed through the crowd. She had just finished beating up a middle-aged looking man wearing a turtle shell.

"What are you doing?!" Shinpachi then asked the turtle man. "Are you alright?! Wait, is he a turtle?" he then disregarded the thought, and helped the turtle man up. "What are you thinking, Kagura-chan? How could you pick on a turtle at the beach? That's abusive!!"

"Um, is he really a turtle?" you asked. "He's the size of you, Shinpachi."

"You've got it wrong." A stranger standing behind Kagura spoke. "This turtle has been filming us all this time. This girl helped us." The Yato performed a power pose.

"Sorry for doubting you, Kagura. I know you wouldn't beat up randoms without a reason."

"Of course, [name]-nee! I only beat up people for food!"

"You shouldn't do that either way!"

Gintoki stepped forward and asked, "So, did you film them?"

Turtle man stood up and dusted the sand off his shell. "I didn't film them," he denied, all the while holding a video camera. "I was just filming kelp."

"Liar!! You were only following around girls!" Kagura pointed.

"I wasn't filming them. Honestly, could you stop making things up? It's really annoying."

"All right. Then, excuse me, but may I check the contents of that video camera?" Gintoki asked.

"No. I told you that I didn't film them. This is an invasion of privacy," he attempted to walk away, but you stopped him.

"The more you hide it, the more guilty you look. If you didn't take videos of them, then you can show us, right?"

"Gimme that!" Gintoki snatched the camera out of his hands and opened up to the recorded content.