Watch Out For A Set Of Women And A Drink

After a few hours had passed, Shinpachi and Kagura decided that it'd be best if they got some sleep as well. Seita followed them shortly after while Hinowa was doing some last-minute cleaning. Gintoki still hadn't woken up and Tsukuyo hadn't returned either. 

You poked Gintoki's cheek, hoping... well, hoping for nothing, really. You weren't sure why you were doing it. Perhaps not hearing his stupid remarks for a while was making you miss him. Either way, he didn't react to your pokes. You retracted your hand and clenched the handle of your sword. 

You then sat up and headed outside, "[name]-san?" Hinowa called out, "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah, I'll be back soon. Don't worry about me." Even with your reassurance, the woman couldn't help but worry. She knew she couldn't stop you, but she just hoped you'd be okay.

By the time you left the house, the sun had already set and the moon shone through the open roof of Yoshiwara, covering the city with its elegance. Well, even though the situation wasn't good, at least the town looked nice, right?

However, the light from the sky was a good thing you realised. When you gazed up at the clouds, you found yourself staring at what looked like a spider's web just above your head. You cringed a bit and leaned backwards, "Since when did they have a spider infestation? There are so many strings every... where?" 

This just had to be a clue for something! There wouldn't be strings in the sky for no reason. You then followed the threads along the buildings. You did reach one end, but it led to no where—you probably went to the wrong end. Backtracking, you ended up at the tallest building in Yoshiwara. 

You don't recall ever knowing whether or not it was important, but after seeing how the many rooms in the building were in tatters, you assumed it was abandoned. When you reached the top floor, you made sure not to make any sudden noise. You were sure someone was here. 

You then peeked into the room and saw a scene that you wished wasn't happening right now. Tsukuyo was currently stuck on a large spiders web with a man in front of her. He was looking down at the town from the balcony. 

Since he seemed to be distracted, you grabbed a kunai from your sleeve and threw it at the man, only for him to turn around and catch it. "Of course that didn't work," you could now clearly see his face. He didn't have much, or any skin on his left side, it was all just burn marks. "This... must be Jiraia. He'd be the only crazy one to kidnap his previous student and keep her in this chamber."

He didn't make a move, so you came out of your hiding spot and stood next to Tsukuyo's immobile figure, "[name]-san! What are you doing here?!" she struggled against the trap she was in. "You have to get out of here! You– You don't stand a chance against this man!"

You unsheathed your sword and threw the cover across the room, "That kind of hurts, Tsukuyo. Even if I don't have a chance, I'll definitely still try to protect you with all my power."

"Oh? Another samurai wanting to fight?" Jiraia mocked, "Come on now, a weakling like you?" He then appeared beside you with your kunai, ready to stab you. But you deflected the attack with your sword. 

"I may not be stronger in terms of brute strength than that guy, but I'm faster than him at using my sword," you didn't give him time to think of his next move. You aimed the tip of your blade at his stomach and followed through. He was able to dodge at the last second, but you were able to give him a small cut to his chest. 

You both jumped away, "[name]!" Tsukuyo yelled. You held your arm out to try and reassure her of your safety, but she was still trying to get out of her restraints. Jiraia chuckled to himself—having comrades and friends in the middle of a fight was probably the worst thing to have. He could use this to his advantage.