Chapter 31: Thank You Next Bitch!

Start from the beginning

He walks away, gripping the trim of the door harshly, cracking it, as he turns to corner. He disappears down the hallway, not wanting to be stopped.

I look at Shelby, who was stomping her feet against the hardwood floors of the bedroom.

"What we have, Shelby, is a friendship. And that's something you could never understand." I stand closer, taking a final step as I say my final words.

"Who's the Liar now?"

I smirk, leaving her flabbergasted as I used her own nickname of me against her. She harshly takes her wig off and throws it onto the bed, sitting down. I leave Sammy and Shelby alone to recover from the horrific situation, and I go searching for Andrew.

I look around the foyer, amongst the sea of people before me...nothing. No sign of a broody, brown haired bad boy. I looked in the kitchen, to see if maybe he had gotten hungry after all that fighting. Nothing.

He could've just gone home, that would've been the smart choice. But then again, he's Andrew Price. He may not be the most intelligent, but he's very intuitive and has the ability to detect a person's emotions from just looking at them.

I go with the conclusion that he left and went home. That's what I would've done too.

I go into the kitchen to grab some snacks from the island counter, but stopped in my tracks. There wasn't even food on the counter, the bowl was sitting face up on the floor, and the remnants of finger food laid in crumbs all over the counter. A girl was half naked, wearing a bra and spandex dancing on the counter like a stripper. Everyone, especially guys, were gawking over her moves, but she was too drunk to care.

It was starting to get a little crowded, ironically, in this gigantic mansion. I needed some air and to clear my thoughts from what happened a few minutes before. So, I went out the kitchen door.

I wasn't sure what was in the backyard, but what I found wasn't scary at all. It was actually quite beautiful. It was a lake, and to my right was a dark wooden dock with strings of lights hanging from it. They weren't turned on, but a light was provided by the fireflies dancing across the pond, almost as if they were attracted to it.

They looked like little lanterns floating in the sky, occasionally dipping into the water. The ripple of their touch radiated across the lengths of the water. They buzzed happily, not having a care in the world.

I wish I was more like them, not afraid to fly anywhere and shine bright. But, unfortunately, I'm stuck with what God gave me: myself. One who gets caught up in other people's drama, that may actually end up being your fault to begin with. But I put that past me.

I walked over to the wooden dock, taking each step one by one. The sound of my sandals making contact with the bottom of the dock was the only sound that could be audible, despite the buzzing made by the bugs by the lake.

I noticed someone, sitting at the edge. Their feet were hanging off the dock carelessly. They swayed underneath the person occasionally. They skipped rocks that were along the corners of the deck, and threw them into the lake. They all bounced two or three times before sinking to the bottom.

I noticed a black leather jacket tossed to the side, a sticker about to be peeled off that said "T-Bird". That gave me the only indication I needed.

I walked up to Andrew, and sat down along side of him, hanging my feet over the dock, feeling the breeze of the night.

"This is what you do when you're mad?" I start the conversation, taking a rock on my side of the dock and throwing it.

"No. This is what I'm doing now when I'm mad." He placed her palms on his lower thighs, sighing.