RWBY Volume 2, Chapter 8: Field Trip | Rooster Teeth

All rights for RWBY go to Rooster Teeth.

This is a Fan based parody.

I will be using Italicization for people's inner thoughts.

Hints towards Whiterose and Bumbleby will continue in this chapter so enjoy.

Naomi and Rachel from previous volume/chapters will be in this chapter.

In Ozpin's Office*

Ironwood said "They were here... Ozpin they were here!".

Glynda said "We are very much aware of that. Thank you James.". 

Ironwood then sarcastically said "Fantastic, you're aware. Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?".

A beeping started going off.

Ozpin stood up and said "Come in.".

Ironwood and Glynda looked to the door.

Ruby stepped into Ozpin's office.

Ruby said "Ah! Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here. It wasn't me.".

Ozpin said "Thank you for coming Ruby, how are you feeling?".

Ruby then said "Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy catching record wasn't 0 for 3.".

The room went silent for a bit.

Ruby then said "Okay so that's the tone we're going for got it...".

Ironwood then said "Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntress is all about. You recognized a threat, you took action, and you did the very best you could.".

Ruby then humbly said "Thank you sir.".

Ozpin then calmly collectively said "Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that, transpired last night. But now that you've rested we were wondering if you had anything to add.".

Glynda then asked "Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?".

Ruby said "I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask. And she never said anything to me, but I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her semblance though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.".

Glynda then said "Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby.".

Ironwood then said "Embedding dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.".

Ruby then said "Wait, you think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?".

Ozpin said "It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together.".

Ironwood then looked at Ozpin.

Ruby then said "Actually I-I think I remember her saying something about a hideout or something... in the Southeast. Just outside the Kingdom.".

Ozpin smirked and said "Interesting. Thank you for your cooperation miss Rose. Why don't you go and spend time with your team? You have a big day ahead of you.".

Ruby said "Anytime.".

Ozpin then said "Please be discreet about this matter.".

Ruby said "Yes sir.".