- 58 -

- arabella -

I grabbed a cookie from the dessert table, shaking my head at how much junk food they had ordered-I was for sure gonna stash some later.

As I was going in for my second bite, a hand pulled onto mine and made the cookie fall, tears almost falling down my eyes. "I was eating that."

"No time for snacks now, Bella." What was Hailey's voice snapped, she pulled me to what the 'center' of the Malik's backyard would be. Turning to me, I now noticed how she had tears in her eyes. "I'm going to go get the stuff ready for the reveal. While I'm gone, you're going to have to make a speech-"

"No, thanks." I shake my head, attempting to go back to the snack bar where I was happily eating. "You know I'm horrible at-"

"Nope. None of that bullshit today, Arabella." She said back sternly, wagging a finger in my face. "You're going to gain their attention and thank them for coming here and then instruct them to move to the back. Easy peasy, baby doll. Good luck."

I groan, squeezing her hand. Pouting at her, I look around and held eye contact with Regina. Mouthing her to come over, I finally turned to Hailey. "Fine, but hurry up."

She grinned, squeezing my hand back and jogging away. Her yelling fading away as she began to yell codes out to Doniya-who had her hear sticking out the window.

"What is it, Bella?" Regina asks with crossed arms, going to put some hair behind my ear, stopping besides me. "Are we ready?"

"They're going to bring in whatever they planned for us." I say back with a shrugged, looking over at the people again. "How are things with Alexander?"

"Why do you ask that, Bella?" She asks going to get a cookie. We let our eyes rest on where Julian and his dad were talking, both beaming with happiness. I shrugged, turning to my sister. "I guess they're okay. He is planning on starting to date."

"What!?" I gasp, whipping my head to glare at the man feet away from us. "I thought-"

"Don't tell anyone, B." Regina says as she lowers her voice, trying to seem nonchalant as she leaned in a bit. "His PR are making him." Rolling her eyes, she leaned back. "Y'know, because of the business and stuff."

I nod back, "Yeah." Putting a hand on her arm, I gave it a small squeeze. "It sucks, huh?"

"Yeah." She nodded back, "But life had to move on, doesn't it?" Patting my shoulder, she pointed at Waliyah walking towards us, Zayn behind her. "Guess its my time to step away. Good luck, I'm rooting for a baby girl!"

Waving goodbye, I turn to Waliyah, who had a determine look on. "Come with me." She told me heading straight to the DJ set up, my pair of twin DJ friends up there. "Its time, girls."

Everyone seemed to know the plan-everyone except for Zayn and I.

"Here are the mics." Waliyah shoved the mics into our hands, smiling brightly. "Tell everyone to gather around the back, Doniya and Hailey are ready."

Almost skipping away, I turn to Zayn and nudged him to speak first. He shook his head and nudge me back. Licking my lips, I turn to the people. "Hello, everyone. Um, thank you for coming all the way here for our reveal-we are very grateful to have you here on this special day."

"But we would like to give a special shout out to Doniya and Hailey for helping organize everything." Zayn continued, "Thank you guys so much! Now if you could please join us to the back, we will be revealing the gender!"

Everyone gave them a small applaud, the music coming back but a bit lower. I gave the mics back and smiled at Simi and Haze, "Thanks for DJ'ing."

"Your welcome." Simi smiles back, taking her headphones off. "Are you ready to meet your baby boy?"

Haze scoffed, "Dude, Kiwi is definitely a girl!"

I laugh as they began to banter, both moving towards the crowd of people. Zayn grabbed a hold of my hand, squeezing it and giving it a kiss.

"Ready?" He asked, stopping us before reaching the crowd and putting a hand on my stomach, rubbing the bump. "You look beautiful."

Smiling back, I gave him a peck on his cheek and pulled him to the crowd. Standing in front of them, I examine the people. It looked like a sea of pinks and blues, most of them with happy smiles.

Doniya handed us some sticks and gave Zayn a lighter, running back to the front of the crowd. She gave us a nod, half of the people taking out their phones and then there was Tyler-a friend who was amazing at directing and filming.

"Ready, doll?" Zayn asks, putting his stick in front of him and turning on the lighter. He gave my cheek a kiss, "Ready?"

I nod back, "Ready."

Putting my stick with his, he lit them up and we put them out to our sides, the stick sparking up a bit.

Hailey and Samuel were on either of side of us-a few fest away, with sticks as well. They had started theirs too, just to add a little more color into the reveal.

Letting go of Zayn's hand, I step away from his stick when the smoke started blowing my way. The white then began to turn colors, my heart beating faster and faster as it got deeper in color.

Our family and friends cheered and cried in happiness, those wearing the certain color jumping up and down. I smile, turning to look at Zayn and seeing his face glowing.

Jogging to him, I jump into his arms and let him twirl me in the air. "Oh my, God, Zayn!"

He set me down, one of his arms sticking out with the stick and the other moving to my face. He brushed some hair back, pecking my lips and his smile growing bigger. "I love you, Arabella."

-