- 48 -

- arabella -

Blow drying my hair, I let it down as it was still a little damp and began to do my skin routine, starting with my toner.

"You decent?" Someone asked, Doniya's head poking into the bathroom when I hummed. She was already ready, dressed, makeup done, and hair done. "Just came up to say that we're ready for you."

"Already?" I gasp, feeling bad that I was making them wait up for me. "Can you pick something out for me? I haven't had time to do so!"

She agreed skipping out, I began to speed things up. Skipping a few steps, I decided to skip foundation and just relied on concealer-to help my under eyes.

Curling my eyelashes and spraying coconut spray onto my hair, I let my natural hair down-which were loose waves-and taking the lip balm with me. I walk back out to the room to see Doniya putting shirts up.

Slipping into the black jeans she had set out for me, I put on a beige sweater from her and slipped it on, looking at myself in the mirror.

"You look so cute!" Doniya smiled, she had gotten half my clothes out already. "What kind of shoes do you want to wear?"

"I brought some white sneakers." I say, letting her bend down to get them-if I did that, I would of peed myself. "Thanks."

Putting them on as fast as I could, I grabbed my small backpack/purse that had my emergency things inside and unplugged my phone, following her down.

"They're here!" Trisha yelled from the foyer, she was putting her coat on. "Ready to go, guys?"

"Yes." Doniya nodded, already having one of my coats on her hands. Handing it over to me, she shrugged her own coat on and I put mine on. "Don't worry, we're gonna meet at a pancake house!"

The car ride there was a bit short, maybe it was because of the chatter going on. They were still planning the gender reveal, Trisha and Safaa wanting to know the gender before the reveal, but Doniya kept quiet.

"I love having this sort of power." She laughed from the drivers seat. "Thanks, Bella!"

Laughing at her comment, I got out of the car as we arrived, my palms beginning to sweat a little. Following behind them, we go to a table where there were three ladies sitting, all looking elegant yet casual.

"Where is she?" I heard one of them ask as they attacked the girls into hugs, "I want to see-"

"Here she is." Trisha exclaims, her arm around me as she nudge me forwards from hiding behind her. "Bella, this are my sisters; Amal, Luz, and Jamila."

"Oh look at your bump!" Amal coo's, hands rubbing the small bump. She looks up at me, her eyes almost the same as Zayn's. "You're so beautiful, no wonder Zayn's with you."

"Let me give that a rub!" Luz, she seemed like the oldest, pipes in. She did the same as Amal, and also looked the same. "You must be hungry! Lets sit, we ordered some soups to begin with."

Being seated in between Safaa and Waliyha, I tried not to scoot too close to the one that disliked me.

"How's the baby, hon?" Jamila asked, she seemed the youngest and most laid back from the other two. "Trisha showed us the ultrasounds."

"Oh," I managed to squeak, "um, well the doctor said the baby was healthy. We're just waiting to know if the baby is a he or a she."

They fell into a conversation about the gender reveal, everyone going down into a world that I was suddenly afraid of. Maybe if Zayn was here with me, I would be a little more at ease.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone whisper from my right, "You look a bit pale."

Turning to the girl, I was too anxious to be surprised. "Um, I feel like I'm going to pass out."

Her face overflowed with concern, she stood up and lend a hand out to me, pulling me up from my chair. "We're going to the restroom."

Following her to the back, tears began to fall down my cheeks as the atmosphere became stuffier. Looking down at my hands, I saw them shaking, my chest being compressed and my vision a bit blurry.

"Hey, Bella, breath a little!" Waliyha says, putting her hands on my shoulders to steady me. "Just focus on your breathing."

Feeling the tears falling, I began to sob, the knot in my throat too tight. Leaning against the wall, I put my hands to my face and cried.

It felt like eternity, as if I was stuck, but suddenly the soothing voice of Zayn sounded in my ear. "Doll? You there?"

"Z-Zayn?" I whisper back, "I-I don't kno-ow what ha-happened."

"Do you want me to come get you?" He asks, his voice fulled of concern. "Oh, no, was it my aunts? Okay, I'm going."

Shaking my head, I closed my eyes and thought of his voice. I thought about how soothing it was, how I loved it when he would call me 'Doll'.

"No..." I squeaked out, gaining my breath back. Opening my eyes, I saw Waliyha gawking at me, her eyes wide. "Um, Waliyha i-is here."

"Are you sure?" He asked, "I can get out of here, Arabella."

Shaking my head, I wiped my eyes and straighten up. "No, it's okay, I'm better."

"Fine." He sighed, "I'll see you at home, okay?"

"Okay." I say, "I love you, bye."

Handing Waiyha her phone, going to the sinks and beginning to fix myself. She then stood besides me, "So... you love my brother now?"

Freezing in my spot, I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at her, she just laughed loudly. Rewinding inside my head, I almost broke down again when I remembered my mistake.

"Fuck!" I yelled, "I said I loved him!"

-