- 23 -

- arabella -

Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help the urge to caress my stomach. Although it was barely there, my heart melted at the thought of my baby.

Slipping on the robe, I made sure it was tided before I went back out to the living room. At this point all I wanted to do was eat and go to sleep.

I made the batter and set it on the waffle maker, preparing a smoothie as well. It felt like a chill kinda day-plus it was raining.

Just as my waffles were finished, a knock interrupted me from decorating them. I sigh, hoping that whoever it was left me alone. A minute passed and there were no more knocking so I continued my decorating, the knock coming back again when I was walking back to the living room.

Who could it be?

I tighten the robe, my stomach popping out but it looked like I was just bloated. Looking through the peep hole, I felt blood rush down my body as I saw the blonde hair and curly mess.

Opening the door, the two boys stopped their chatter, the one with curly hair seemed more frustrated than the blonde. I cross my arms, trying not to bring attention to my stomach or boobs. "Can I help you guys?"

"Hiya, Bella. How're ya?" The blonde grinned, obviously not bothered by his friend's frustration. "Did we interrupted anything?"

"No." I say, knitting my eyebrows and trying to examine them. Maybe something was wrong-it could be Zayn. "What's wrong? Is Zayn in trouble?"

Shocked passed by their faces, the blonde's eyes almost bulging out. "Um, ho-how did ya...?"

"We wouldn't bother you, but we need a favor." Finally speaking, the curly one said. "Erm, Zayn and Louis are in trouble... with the law."

I sighed, walking back inside. I didn't really wanted to hear anything else. "Come in, I'll get dressed."

I didn't need any other explanation to know that they might need me because of who I am. My father was well respected, as much as hated too, so that gave me a bit of an advantage here. Half the city owed him favors or/and money.

Getting into a beige sweater with leggins and some Converse, I took my hair out of the braid and ran my fingers through the semi-curls. Applying some stained lip balm and mascara, I grabbed a purse to put my wallet, check book, and phone inside.

"Niall, stop eating the waffles." Hearing the angry one hiss, I roll my eyes at the two and walked around to the kitchen. "Nia-oh, hello."

"Are you ready?" I ask raising an eyebrow at them and taking the glass where my milkshake was. "Niall, you can take the waffles."

Quietly making our way out, I cursed at myself for not turning off the television. We were too far to go back.

"What'd they do?" I ask once we were inside a black truck, Niall driving and Harry in the passengers seat. "Are they in the police station?"

"They're in the north private station." Harry mumble, he was reading off a bright green post-it note. "With Officer Ring...Bing...?"

I groaned lowly, knowing exactly who the officer was. He always detained Samuel's dumbass. "Damn it, Niall. Can you write anymore messier?"

"Bella? We're here." With sympathy in his blue eyes, Niall broke me from my trance. Unbuckling and getting out, I lead them to the normal looking building. Before we could go any further in, Niall grabbed me by the arm. "They asked for bail money, we got checks for both of them, but Officer King asked for a city resident."

Nodding, we entered the building and to the receptionist. "Visiting hours are over."

"Bailing two people out." I announced, getting the checks from Harry and waving them in the air. "But Officer King wants to talk."

The receptionist sighed deeply, maybe also having enough of the annoying officer. She held a finger up, dialing on her phone and leaning back. "King, someone is here for bailing... What's your name?"

"Arabella Astor." I responded, trying not to touch the dirty counter. "For Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson."

In a matter of five minutes, we were lead to the back and over to the office. Zayn and Louis handcuffed to benches, both on opposite sides.

"Ah, youngest Astor!" Officer King grinned as soon as we walked in, "Samuel is not here-"

"I'm tired and want my friends back." I interrupted him, slamming the checks on his desk. "That's the money."

"Oh come on, Astor." He semi-whined, chuckling a bit when I frowned at his attempts of friendliness. "You haven't been here since, what's his name, was here?"

"King, I am very tired and getting annoyed. Please don't make me report you." I warned him, looking over my shoulder to see what the two were giggling at. They were taking pictures of the other idiots. "You have my info in file, so let them go."

"What has he done?" He went on, spinning side by side with a wicked grin. "Are you still together? That was one massive fight, Astor."

"We broke up." Finally giving into his interrogation, I tried not to cry. "Last time I knew of him, he was that he's in New York."

Officer King finally unfolded his arms, getting up and sighing. "Your friend there started the fight." I followed his finger, rolling my eyes when they fell on Louis. "And the other followed the moron."

As we got closer, I now noticed the black eye on Louis and busted lip, Zayn had his eyebrow bloodied and a bruise on his jaw.

"At a bar?" I ask stupidly, stopping a few feet from them. Harry and Niall were still laughing, taunting their friends. "You know with who?"

"That's the interesting part." King smirked, pointing with his thumb to the room behind him. "With your little boyfriend."

Looking over his shoulder, I felt my body weaken at the sight of his brown eyes-they almost looked black. He was angry. Younes was angry.

"Fucking idiots." King laughed, jiggling his keys and pointing at the room next to the one with the angry man. "The small one tried it with the friend."

Ignoring the big man waving at me, I motion to Zayn and Louis. "Let's not take so long."

Following my words, King uncuffed them, telling them where to go and what to do. I stormed out of that place, waiting for the four to finish the paperwork of being released in the waiting area.

"Thank God for Astor here." Hearing Louis' voice, I was the first to get out of the building. The four boys behind me, some laughing. "I owe you, Astor."

"Don't call me that." I muttered angrily, opening the door of the truck as soon as I heard it beep. "It's Bella."

"Woah, are you mad?" He pushed on, chuckling and getting on one side of me, pushing me to the middle. "I defended your name! Along with Zayn, of course."

Rolling my eyes, I was already over this night. Buckling up, the air felt thick. "Come on, the least you could say is: Thanks, Lou!"

"Maybe you should shut up." Harry suggested, scanning my face and making one. "She's had a rough day."

"Oh, Harry, you prude!" Louis exclaimed, nudging me and wiggling his eyebrows. "I know something..." Leaning to me, his voice dropped to a whisper, "a secret of yours."

My neck almost snapped when Louis pointing at my belly, my glare on Zayn only growing when I saw him looking down.

"You're a fucking moron." I say back, pushing his head against the window. "Now shut the fuck up before I open the damn door and push you off this truck."

-