12.

Plump
      "I hope this food is worth it" she said walking into Lucky's kitchen with the girls. "I like how you just let yourself in" he said with a smile. She looked around saying "one thing about it you didn't have the door lock, but I see the house is coming along". She said to him. Lucky no longer lived beside Plump, but legally bought a house few minutes away.
        "You like it"? He said placing the top on the pot and walking over to them. "Yea I do" he interacted with the girls telling them hi then came up to me. "Y'all are early by the way" he said kissing her on the cheek.
        "Well one of my classes were cancelled, and since I already had the girls I mean we're only two hours early". She said walking over to the stove as he blocked her . "Oh no you only get to see when it's done sit get comfortable" he said .
      She crossed her arms "okay then be that way it better be good". I grabbed the girls hands and we went into his entertainment room. I thought it was cute how he had toys for the girls already.
         She turned and saw him watching her way away. "Like what you see"? He responds "no I love what I see" she laughed "I like when you give me compliments".
         From the kitchen he said "you deserve it. Oh I found a spot to start my construction business". "That's good" he nodded "yea I'm trying not to return to the street business". Listening to him talk always drew me in. Love the fact that he was thinking of a legit way to make money. All I've known a man to do is make money in the streets or doing something illegally.
           "You have to show me once you set up and everything". He walked over and sat down "of course I will. I'm looking at this move now as a new life in a sense". She rubbed his shoulders "that's good because I don't think I could date another street man". He grinned "date"? Plump smirked "I mean if we get to that". Lucky just looked at me and said "I hope we do" Plump responds "we'll see" next thing they know the girls come to them wanting them to join in with the playing of the toys.

Naomi
        Leaving class and going to the car to meet Corey I heard someone call my name. I turned and saw my birth mother walking towards me. "What are you doing here"? I said looking around "look I'm here alone I just wanted to apologize okay I should have never accepted that interview money without asking you".
       Naomi shook her head "I don't believe you" she placed a cap over her head because she didn't believe that she'd came alone. "Naomi please talk to me I'm your mother" Naomi stopped "your my birth mother you didn't raise me you know nothing about me alright. Look you've found me you know now that I'm fine and living just leave me alone okay".
       I got into the car and Corey immediately asked "what was that"? I placed my seatbelt on "nothing she just doesn't take no for a answer that's all". Corey drove away and replied "maybe you should hear her out".
         "Corey I don't wanna talk about this". Corey sucked his teeth "man look you grew up in some bullshit I get that, but just think about how she feels. Imagine you being in her shoes and Cori treated you like that". Naomi replied "for one that wouldn't have been me because I would've never let someone kidnap my fucking child".
        Corey sigh "you got a hard head man" Naomi sucked her teeth "you are one to talk about talking it out with someone you don't even communicate with your own damn brother. Since he came into Plump's life she's been happy I mean I haven't seen her happy like this since before Butler . If you must know they are still talking the warning me and Mel gave didn't work".
        Corey spoke "honestly I was hoping she'd go off on him and he'd leave her alone". Naomi confused replied "why you want him to leave her alone"? "What I said about my brother was true, but Plump is basically a curse" Naomi hit him "my friend is not a fucking curse" Corey replied "where's the last two men she dated"?
       Naomi replied "that wasn't her fault" Corey replied "this all stems from a lie she told and to be honest Naomi I don't wanna lose my last and only brother". Naomi sigh she couldn't believe what Corey had just spoke of Roxanne, but it made her wonder was her friend really cursed?