Chapter 5

(I'm feeling generous, so now you have two chapters today!)

Chapter 5

Saturday 2:00 a.m.

Shelby

"I'm sorry to have put you through all this.", I say sheepishly.

"It's fine. I'm just glad you're ok.", Parker says.

"Thanks.", I say and smile.

"No problem." he says.

"I'm gonna shower and change. Dad, will you make me a sandwich?", I ask.

"Sure honey.", I hear my dad reply worriedly.

I run upstairs to the bathroom, get undressed, and get in the shower. As I feel the warm water wash over me, I let a few tears fall. I hate crying in front of people, even my own family. I turn off the water and dry myself off, not wanting to make everyone wait too long. Once I'm dressed, have dried my tears, and look presentable, I walk quietly downstairs to the sound of voices.

"So, when did you and Shelby meet?", I hear my dad ask.

"Tuesday sir. Which was her first day of school.", I hear Parker reply.

"Well thank you for being such a good friend to her. There was a big bullying problem at her old school that prevented her from making friends very easily. You must really care about her to stay here through all this mess.", I hear my mom say. She doesn't have a chance to say anything else before I walk into the kitchen.

"Hi.", I say picking up the plate with my sandwich and scarfing it down. "Thanks Dad. This is really good.", I add.

"You're welcome sweetheart.", my dad replies.

"Anyway. Parker, do you want to watch a movie with me? We have too many movies to count. You can choose whatever you want.", I say.

"Sure. But I doubt your movie collection is bigger than my sister's song collection.", he says as we walk upstairs into the movie room.

"Oh really?", I say and open the huge cabinet where we keep our movies.

"Wow. I wave the white flag.", Parker says, his eyes scanning over all the cases. He picks up one movie I've never watched before, but the title is hard no to recognize. Star Wars.

"I should have known. You know I've never actually seen the movies. My dad has seen all of them, and tried to get me to watch them, but I've always refused.", I say as I put the movie in the DVD player and sit next to Parker.

"WHAT? You've never seen the movies?", he says in complete shock.

"Never.", I say.

"You are missing out my friend! Now shhhh! The movie's starting!", he says making me laugh.

As the screen lights up, I grab Parker's hand and lean my head on his shoulder. We stay like that the entire movie, and when the end credits start, I sit up, not letting go of his hand.

"So?", he says expectantly.

"It was ok. Not the best I've ever seen.", I say, teasing.

"Ok I can't. How can you even say that?", he says.

"I don't know.", I say smiling.

"Oh my gosh. You are impossible.", Parker says, smiling as well.

"Uh. You know what I just remembered?", I ask.

"What?", he asks.

"School!", I exclaim.

"To quote Zach, Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.", he says making me laugh. He laughs along with me, and his cute smile makes me smile wider. My mom opens the door and pokes her head in. She smiles when she sees us laughing and says, "You guys having a good time? We could hear you laughing from downstairs!"

"Yeah. He just forced me to watch Star Wars.", I reply.

"Wow. Parker, you did what me and her father could never do, make Shelby do something she doesn't want to do. She's extremely stubborn.", Mom says making me smile even wider. "Anyway kids, breakfast is almost ready. Parker, you are welcome to eat with us.", Mom adds.

"I would love to. Thank you Mrs. Maxwell.", Parker replies.

"Of course. Anyway, I'll call you down soon.", she says.

"Thanks Mom.", I say.

She smiles and closes the door behind her. I don't have a chance to say anything before Parker kisses me and I feel a spark that cannot be denied. 

(HAHAHAHAHA! Now you have to wait till tomorrow to find out what happens next! HAHAHA! 

I'm so mean. I'm sorry. But you still have to wait till tomorrow for the next chapter! Bye!)