"You're hilarious." Calum hands find their way to my hips and he pushes me back slightly then hops off of the bench.

"I know." I grin at him and he gives me a half smile before taking me by surprise and pecking my lips.

"What was that for?" I ask him just like he did the other day.

"I wanted to." Calum shrugs.

"Cal...I..um-" I pause. I knew exactly what I wanted to say, it was on the tip of my tongue but something was holding me back.

"What?" Calum raises his eyebrows at me in curiosity.

"We should probably get going." I say and Calum almost looks disappointed but that's soon replaced with that award winning smile of his.

"Probably."

°●

"You need to relax." Calum chuckles rubbing small circles on my hand with his thumb.

"I'm trying." I tell him. We had just gotten to Calum's parents house and we were now walking up to the front door and I'll admit I was very nervous but I had no reason to be. I had meet Calum's parents countless times before so I really didn't understand the nerves that were currently bubbling in my stomach....or maybe I did but I just didn't want to go down that road just yet.

"Are you ready?" Calum asks as we reach the door.

"No." I answer and Calum grins before opening the front door with his free hand.

"Hello?" Calum calls out as we walk in. It only takes a few seconds before Calum's mum appears from no where with the biggest smile on her face.

"My baby!" Joy squeals as she rushes over and pulls Calum in to a tight hug. I instantly untangle my hand from Calum's so he can return her hug properly.

"Hi mum." Calum chuckles. "Where's dad?" Calum asks as they both pull away from the hug.

"In his office, you know him." Joy waves Calum off before looking at me excitedly.

"Genie! it's so lovely to see you again." Joy steps closer to me and engulfs me in a hug which I happily return.

"You too Joy." I smile widely.

"Right Calum can you go get your father please? dinner is only ten minutes away." Joy instructs Calum once she's pulled away from our hug.

"What are we having?" Calum asks.

"What do you think we're having?" Joy grins at Calum.

"Yus!" Calum cheers his face lighting up, god he was such a dork. "I'll be right back." Calum says before rushing upstairs.

"Come on." Joy tells me with a smile before walking towards the kitchen.

"It smells amazing in here." Is the first thing I say as I enter the kitchen.

"Thank you!" Joy chimes. "So how was the drive up here?"

"It was good...it was surprisingly quick." I answer. It was a two hour drive up to Calum's parents house but it wasn't a bad drive at all.

"That's good to here, I know Calum hates it and that's why we don't see him as often as we should." Joy shakes her head slightly but a smile remains on her lips.

"Hopefully I can get him over here more." I say with a smile.

"I would really love that." Joy nods and I can see how much it would mean to her, Calum would most definitely be coming up here more.

°●

"Calum go help her." I hear Joy scold and I have to stifle a laugh.

Once Calum and his dad joined us we had all sat down for dinner. It consisted of your typical dinner talk but included heaps of embarrassing stories from Calum's childhood, It really was the perfect dinner if I'm being honest.