Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Start from the beginning

He offered his hand and I happily took it. He intertwined our fingers.

***

“No way,” were the only words that came out of my mouth when the elevator slid open.

Jeric turned to me and just smiled. He pulled me out of the elevator, more of drag. We are on the rooftop of the building. And in front of us is a black chopper.

A man came to us and greeted Jeric. I wasn’t listening to their conversation. After talking to the man, Jeric bent down to whisper on my ear. “I hope you’ll enjoy the ride. It’s already dark and you’ll see the beautiful city lights.”

I smiled and tiptoed to whispered back to him, “Thank you. I hope you’ll enjoy too.”

“I definitely will because I’m with you,” he said. I smiled.

Jeric helped me up the chopper. He buckled me up and did the same to himself. And before I know it. We were already flying.

I was amazed of how beautiful the view is. I am completely speechless. I’m sorry I can’t fully put into words what I’m seeing right now. That was until I felt Jeric held my hand. My attention was shifted to him. Then I realized, Jeric is way more beautiful than the view I’m looking at now.

We could barely talked to each other because of the noise so he just smiled at me and give me a thumbs up. I smiled back at him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I held up my own version of a thumbs up and mouthed thank you to him.

We enjoyed the beautiful sight together. Until we were out of the city and we’re going somewhere rural like there were a lot of trees. It’s somehow looked like we’re heading to the mountains. I looked to Jeric with a confused look. He just smiled at mouthed, “wait”.

We were heading to one of the mountains. When we crossed to the other side, right below the mountain top was a beautiful resort. It was very well lighted like it complemented the lake down below. It was so beautiful that I want to cry.

As we slowly go down, I can take a better view. The view that immediately caught my attention was the pool. There was an amazing infinity pool that almost connected to the body of water across it. And the pool was full of candles that if you looked at it from our view up here was like fireflies.

In the middle was a mini island, very well lighted again and full of flowers. It was set as a dining area for two people. There was a path from the edge of the pool that connected that is connected to the island. I’m in awe.

We landed on the helipad on top of the building. Jeric helped me off the lift. Before we went down the building, I walked to the edge of the landing area so I could take another look to the wonderful view.

“Hey, you might fall,” Jeric was behind me and gently grabbed me by the waist. He was hugging me from behind.