|| Chapter 10 ||

Sorry this is so short, I had like no time to write this week. I promise the next one will be longer.

Good news peeps! My mom accepts me for being bi... even though she thinks that "this is just a phase" and that I'm "not that type of person."

Ugh. Parents.

Anyways-storytime!

Tw: Self-harm, swearing, homophobic slur, depressed thoughts and actions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mr. Hamilton!"

Alex's head shot up so fast that his glasses went flying of his face. Jefferson was snickering across the room, and Mr. Washington was glowering at him. If looks could kill, Alex would be sitting up in Heaven helping Izzie with her homework while his mom made coffee.

"A moment of your time? Or is my lesson not interesting enough for you?" Mr. Washington was just a blurry outline, but Alex was pretty sure that he had his arms crossed.

"I'm sorry sir, I haven't been sleeping that well," Alex hurriedly apologized, picking up his glasses from the floor. John was frowning at him, obviously not happy that Alex had just admitted to not sleeping.

"Well, next time you go out partying, try to fall asleep in a different class." Alex opened his mouth to argue that, no, he had not been at a party, then thought better. He was already on his proffessor's bad side, he didn't want to make things worse. He picked his pencil up and started wrtiting down notes.

"Why didn't you tell me that you weren't sleeping?" John asked as they walked out of class, his eyebrows scrunched up worriedly.

Alex shrugged. "It's not going to make anything different. It's just a side affect of my new meds, I guess I haven't found the right balance of sleeping meds and antidepressants yet."

John opened his mouth, but before he could say anything he was shoved forward. "Hey!" He said, and turned around. Jefferson smirked, "Move your queer ass, homo."

Alex turned red.

"Don't talk to him. This is our fight, not his," he said, his voice quiet. Jefferson scoffed.

John tugged on Alex's shirt, "It's fine. I can handle it."

Alex flashed back to when he had said those words.

I can handle it.

"My fight. Not yours," he repeated, and turned back to Jefferson. "How's you boyfriend, Thomas?" He called, and Jefferson glared at him.

"Ew, he's not my boyfriend-" He started, and a kid that kind of looked liked Hercules shoved past him, his face flushing.

"James, wait!" Jefferson yelled, and he turned back to glare at Alex. "You're going to pay for this," he snarled, and sprinted after James.

Alex let out the breath he'd been holding and John sighed. "When are you going to start getting along with him?"

"Um, never," Alex snorted, "I hate the guy. And he hates me. It's the perfect balance."

John rolled his eyes and frowned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alex, come on we're going to the cafeteria. You have to eat at some point."

Alex shook his head. "I'm okay, John, really. I'll meet up with you when I finish this paragraph," he muttered, eyes fixated on the computer screen. John sighed unhappily. He had thought that Alex had been getting better, but in the past few days...he wasn't so sure.

"John. Seriously, I'll catch up later. I promise." Alex raised his eyebrows, trying to look reassuring. His boyfriend frowned, but grabbed his jacket off of the hook. "If you want me to pick anything up for you, just call me."