|| Chapter 7 ||

Update! So since I feel really bad that I've been giving you guys short chapters and updating at random times, I've devised a system (yay for organization!)

From now on I'll be updating every Friday night. This way it gives me a week to get a nice, long chapter done just in time for the weekend for all of you! I will also be starting to be trigger warnings on my chapters, just in case.

Trigger warning: Self-harm, talk of eating disorder, talk of past child abuse

Warning: this chapter deals with heavy shit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex couldn't handle it.

He felt Jefferson's breath on the back of his neck as soon as he stepped outside at the end of his class.

"I'll meet you back at the dorm, okay? I just have to grab something first." John gave Alex a quizzical look before nodding and heading off.

"What's your problem?" Alex asked, whirling around to confront Jefferson. Jefferson sneered at him.

"I don't like little runty immigrants on my campus, homo," Jefferson smirked. He leaned against the brick wall of the building, his magenta coat a bright flouresent against the muted red.

"Don't call me that," Alex said, his voice tight.

"Why shouldn't I? It's what you are. I've seen you with your little boyfriend. You two are practically drooling over each other."

Alex rolled his eyes. "And why should you be concerned about my sexuality? From the look of your outfit, you have better things to worry about," he said, gesturing to the offending coat.

Quick as a flash, Jefferson's hand slammed into Alex's windpipe. He was thrown into the wall, his breath catching in his throat.

"Stay out of my way, you little bastard," Jefferson growled, and he let Alex drop to the ground before marching off.

Alex gasped and clutched at his throat, sucking air. He shakily got to his feet, anger boiling in his veins. Who did Jefferson think he was?

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and pulled it out. It was a text from John:

Where are you?

Alex was hit with a rush of guilt. Poor John had no idea what was going on.

I'm heading back right now

He texted back, and then put his phone back in his pocket.

"Where were you?" John questioned when Alex got back to their dorm. He slammed the door behind him and dropped his bag onto his bed, and went immediately to his desk. The words were buzzing in his head; he couldn't seem to think straight. It didn't help that he was fuming. Alex got this way sometimes, where he just couldn't concentrate, where the voices in his head wouldn't shut up.

"Alex?" John sounded worried.

"It's fine. Nothing to worry about. Just a spat with Jefferson."

John about nearly fell off his bed. "Are you okay? What happend?"

"Nothing. God, just leave me alone, will you?!" Alex exploded, whirling around to glare at John. His boyfriend shrank away, taken aback by his outburst.

Alex sighed and rubbed his face. "Look, John, I'm sorry, okay? But I really just don't want to talk about it."

"No, whatever," John muttered. He got up and grabbed his room key off the hook by door. "I'm going over to Laf's for awhile."