"Who is it?" Becca queried.

"It's Lauren...I have to go Becks," I said after reading the message.

She narrowed her eyes, "Okay? But what's up?"

"She wanted someone to talk to."

Her expression suddenly perked up, "Yeah, you should definitely go, and maybe, she'll tell you what's going on with her."

"Not that I care, but...hopefully."

She smirked, "You definitely care Alex, you still haven't realized it."

I sighed, before leaning forward, "Sometimes...I hate how your brain works Becks," I said, making her chuckle.

"You still love me though."

Shaking my head while smiling, I picked up my bag, and stood up. "Yeah, unfortunately...I'll call you later," I said before walking away, leaving her still smirking.

"Don't forget to ask her out!" she hollered behind me, and I shook my head at her silliness. 

~~~

It didn't take long for me to arrive at the bar where Lauren and I had first met. After getting out of the cab, I walked straight to the entrance, and immediately scanned the room as soon as I got in, looking for her familiar figure. I eventually found her sitting at the bar counter, her back was facing me, and training my gaze solely onto her, I walked towards her direction, and quietly sat down on the stool next to her. 

Sensing my presence, she turned to me, and immediately, her lips curled up into a small smile.

"You came," she mumbled.

"Of course, Ms. Harrington."

"I'm sorry for making you come here on your day off Alex...I just needed someone to talk to."

I slowly nodded, "I understand Ms. Harrington, and it's fine, but...what about your fiance?" 

She snorted before raising her glass, "He rarely listens to my theatrics," she admitted, chugging her wine. "...And I just wanted to get away from everyone, including him," she added after.

I called the bartender, "A glass of red wine, please..." I said before turning towards her once again, "How many glasses have you had, Ms. Harrington?" I asked, gesturing to her drink.

She shrugged. "Not many," she answered vaguely, although I already knew she had one too many. I stared at her for a moment, before thanking the bartender when he finally served my wine. 

"So, what's going on Ms. Harrington?" I asked after sipping my drink.

Bringing her glass down, she stared at an empty space in front, taking a moment for herself, before deciding to speak. "You probably noticed I was acting different these past few days...that's because dad and I...we're not really on speaking terms lately, after that fight we had...He was mad when I tried convincing Cliff about the venue, said I should just accept what the Coldwells had decided...I mean, I know Ethan and I should be the one making the decision because it's our engagement party...but it's just...it's just difficult when your own fiance doesn't want to listen to you...He only listens to his father." 

Figures!

I looked at her carefully, and eventually, a question crossed my mind, "Why marry him then?" I asked, causing her to snap her attention to me. "Why marry someone who wouldn't even listen to you...or respect you?"

She stared at me intently for a moment, "It's...complicated Alex."

"Do you love him?" I asked directly.