Chapter 31: The Old Him

Recap

"I'm doing what I should have long ago".

I watched as he vanished from my sight and reappeared with a file.

"I got a meeting to attend, don't wait for me". With that he left with Kim, leaving me confused as hell in the living room all by myself.

What's up with this sudden change of attitude?

My poor clothes are gone.

End of recap

Eunha's pov

Hm, if he's telling me to stay in the same room as him, then it must be because he wants to protect me. Why else would there be so many guards out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure he's experiencing some difficulties in business right now. Otherwise we wouldn't immediately leave Thailand and he wouldn't go out for a meeting straight away.

He's so nice nowadays. I just hope he stays like this. Stays as his true self but I'm still kinda mad at him for throwing my clothes away.

I walked outside to the massive backyard. The light was still lit in the little cottage my parents lived in. I missed them so much. I'm happy that he let's me meet my parents now. He's finally opening up.

I proceeded to the cottage to only see guards around the mansion with snippers. Gosh they really scared me. Wearing all black to the point almost camouflaging in the dark as well.

Brushing the thoughts off. I headed to the house, knocked on the door to see my dad receiving it. He wasn't looking so good. Not like how we used to be but was a bit different now, looking more.... Poor. Sadly we were now. And it was because of our own fate and misfortune.

"Eunha? Are you back already? We thought you were still in Thailand". Dad grinned before moving back a little to let me in.

"What dad did you not want to see me so soon?" I laughed as he closed the door.

"It's not like that. We just missed you so much and didn't quite expect you to return in 2 days. Did something happen?" He asked, concerned as I walked over to the living room.

"Jungkook just had some urgent meeting so we had to come back as quickly as possible. We arrived like an hour ago." I spoke while hugging my little annoying brother as he quickly hugged me too.

"We missed you sis".

"I missed you too my baby brother".
I kissed him on the cheek to only see him wipe it off, disgusted at it.

"Yuck!"

"Eunha? Oh my child. It feels like it's been so long since I've met you", mum quickly hugged me.

"Actually mum it's only been two days". I laughed.

She pulled away from the hug and observed me like how a mother does when her child goes to school.

*sigh* "I know, but yet he didn't let you meet us even if you were home. So it feels like I haven't seen you in a long time". She sadly smiled.

"Stop being sad," I cupped her cheeks.

"Jungkook told me that I can meet you all whenever I like". I smiled and turned to face my dad.

"Jungkook? Since when did you start calling him by that name?" dad questioned to only leave them all looking at me weirdly.

"Eunha are you two by chance involved with each other?" mum asked worriedly making me face her.

"Oh no mum it's nothing like that. Besides he already has a fiancée. He's just finally opening up. To be honest, he's not what we all expected him to be, he's actually quite caring and nice."