Chapter 29

Serenity

  I drink my last medicine for today and stare outside Sora's car, it's been a month since the incident but I'm still the suicidal me, Sora and my brothers are keeping eyes on me, I'm also keeping myself busy so I wouldn't be drawn to other things, like cutting up myself.

"Would you like to get some coffee?" Sora ask, he quit being our sub-teacher after our original teacher came back, he's currently focused with his own jobs.

"Is there any shop around here?" I ask him while smiling.

"Yes and I want you to enjoy our first date, don't just daydream there." he said and chuckled, I also laughed but stopped when I felt his hand on my thigh.

"I like it like that, I like it when you laugh." he said, my cheeks blushed and the heat inside the car was doubled.

"D-Don't say something l-like that!" I yelled and bite my lips.

  I stare outside the window and hide my cheeks to him as I felt his hand on mine, good thing that he's good at driving or else, were gonna die together. I sigh, I've been taking a therapy and it was confirmed that I have a depression and anxiety. I have Sora to baby me and I promise, the first week of therapy is not that easy because I don't want to burden Sora.

***

  I was sitting on my wheelchair while looking at the view of the garden in the hospital, I just finished my session with my therapist and I'm now having a fresh breath. I look up the sky to see the moving clouds and trees that are covered with snow. It's cold.

"Serene! why are you outside?" I heard Sora yelled behind me, I used my arms to face him.

"I will come back later." I said before turning around again, suddenly a bird fell in front of me on the snow.

  I picked it up and saw that it's wings are broken, the bird is bleeding to death and all it need is help. I stare at the bird before giving it to a male nurse beside me, he smiled before entering the hospital.