He placed me in the chair allowing me to get comfortable before rolling me out. I looked down at my arm seeing the red mark where the IV had been. The mark was still red and I wondered momentarily if Edward had been in the room when the IV had been put in.

“Edward?” I asked hoping he could hear me.

I felt his finger rub along the skin at the back of my neck telling me know he heard me, “Why me? Why are all willing to risk everything by helping me?”

Edward detoured down a deserted hallway listening to the traffic from other places. He lowered to my level at me but his eyes were different than I had ever seen them. They seemed incredibly caring for the first time ever and his face had soften considerably.

“No one deserves to be treated like that, Bella. I’ll tell you the longer version later. I’m sure things are about to change drastically around here.”

I didn’t want to think about change again it made me realize just how different my life was turning around. We continued our journey to the waiting area. Thankfully we didn’t have to wait at all as Carlisle was already in the waiting area signing papers. I looked outside to see that the sun was beginning to set as the sky was a beautiful orange color.

“Alright, that’s done. We can take my car.” said Carlisle.

Edward pushed the wheelchair outside but then we realized I’d have to walk. I didn’t want to ride in the wheelchair to see Charlie anyway. He’d worry when there wasn’t reason to worry. I hated all of this attention on me but it was required because of my child. Carlisle looked around but it seemed that if Edward carried me to car I knew it would cause suspicion.

“I can walk. Edward can stay beside me and if I stumble he can catch me. I can lean against him and he can still keep me safe.”

They didn’t seem to like my idea but it was something that we had to do. Carlisle took hold of the wheelchair as Edward helped me stand. I was all little shaky on my feet but I could lean against Edward’s rock hard frame and easily make it to the car. Carlisle handed the wheelchair over to another nurse who had been following us.

Carlisle and Edward seemed to share a conversation as we walked. I was breathing in Edward’s scent which seemed to put me at ease. Edward’s calm presence was enough to make my heart beat erratically in a good way. I wondered if the child growing in me could also feel Edward’s presence considering I wasn’t as on edge with him around.

Edward helped me climb into the back seat of Carlisle’s Mercedes. I laid my head against Edward’s chest in the backseat. His fingers were rubbing soft circles against my side through my shirt. I wondered mentally what Edwards’ skin would feel like against the skin of my side. I never like intimacy with Mike but it was something I was craving with Edward now which was strange since I never experienced it before.

“Will Charlie be busy at the station?” asked Carlisle from the front seat.

I shrugged opening my eyes against the sunlight beaming in the car.

“I don’t know. Usually there isn’t much going on in Forks. He might not be but even if he was he would see me.”

Carlisle and Edward both nodded and the car was once again silent. The nerves were rising again as we got even closer to the station. I knew Charlie would see me, it didn’t matter if he was busy with an uptight case. Charlie saw me all the time when I showed up at the station, didn’t matter anything. I just worried what he would think of me now that all of this was happening around me. I was pregnant, something that never would have happened otherwise. If only I had never agreed to come to Forks in the first place, I wouldn’t be in this mess right now.