/

Arthit's

I was riding shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car,
He's got a one-hand feel on the steering wheel,
The other on my heart,

I asked Kong to drive us to their house because I'm so nervous to even hold the steering wheel. I'm so nervous not only because I don't think they will like me but also because I can't forget how his parents caught us kissing.

That's the second time we've been caught. First, my Mae and then his parents? Ugh. What the hell is our story? Of being caught by our parents?

Damn. I wonder, what do they think of me now? Did they think I'm such a thirsty hoe for their son? I mean, I am a thirsty hoe for Kong but they don't need to know and see that right in front of them. That's just embarrassing and not a very first impression for a future son-in-l-Wait no. I meant boyfriend.

I look around, turn the radio down, he says, "baby is something wrong?"
I say "nothing, I was just thinking how we don't have a song, "

I turn the speaker off. I can't listen to Tay.

I groan and tap my forehead multiple times. I'm so frustrated. "Kong!"

He chuckles and pinches my cheek. "They will love you, trust me."

I hold his hand from my cheek and kiss his palm. "If they didn't like me, I'm so going to blame you."

"They will love you especially your eyebrows. You spent half an hour just to perfect those." He moves his hand towards my eyebrows but I show my teeth to him so he pulls it back. "By the way, it still looks natural, how are you doing that?"

"It's a talent," I pout. "At least, they should love my eyebrows."

"They will, especially P'Kik, she'll be so jealous."

Why do I feel like I have heard that name somewhere?

If they didn't like me, I don't know how I'm going to move on from Kong. Drown me to Taylor Swift songs probably.

/

But all my qualms vanished when the moment I enter their house, his Mae pulls me into a tight hug.

She cups my cheeks. "Oh my goodness, you look so handsome. Are you really my son's boyfriend? You love him, are you sure?"

I laugh, along with my laugh, all my worries left me. "I love your son so much. By the way, I haven't introduced myself, I'm Arthit and I'm Kong's boyfriend. Sawatdee Khap Khu-"

"No no call me Mae and you call my husband Por. Treat us as your parents too, okay?"

I nod and smile. "Okay, Mae"

She smiles and hugs me again. When she releases me from her hug, she suddenly slaps Kong who's busy staring at us with a contented smile on his face. I laugh at Kong.

Kong's eyes widened and he caresses the part where his Mae had given him a slap. "Mae! Why did you do that? I didn't do anything."

His Mae crossed her arms in front of her. "Yeah. You didn't do anything. Why didn't you introduce him to us, ha? Were you embarrassed because you have a very handsome boyfriend? Kong, that's not how you treat your handsome boyfriend. That's not how I raised you."

"I'm sorry. I was busy. We were busy."

"With what?"

"Uhm, with our studies?"