This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Beginne am Anfang

I cover my ears. He's breaking my eardrums. "Shit shit. Okay okay, just go play your music but lower it down. I'm studying here."

"Oh thank you."

He pulls out his phone and starts his music then he puts it on the table.

It was so nice throwing big parties
Jumping to the pool from the balcony
Everyone swimming in a champagne sea

"I know that song, it's her new song, right?"

"Oh you know it. Are you secretly a fan, Kong?"

"No. I just listened to it from my sister."

"Your sister and I have to meet."

I groan. Just the thought of them together brings a searing pain to my head. "Please no. You two will be so unbearable."

His eyes sparkle in glee. "Ooh I like that more."

"You really love tormenting me."

He nods his head. "This is why we can't have nice things, honey. Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me? This is why we can't have nice things... Fake friends can go to hell."

So this time, it's his friends he's singing a song about.

"Your song's about friends who betrayed you. Is that what you feel today?"

"You are quick to catch on my mood. Nice."

"Is it about P'Namtan, maybe?"

He rolls his eyes. "Kind of yeah, actually her boyfriend Jay is my best friend. The three of us, are best friends. When we were in college-"

"What do you mean were? You are still in college, right?"

He ignores me. Really, this guy is mysterious. "Anyway, when we were in college, I asked Jay to help me get Namtan and he said yes. He fucking said yes but you know, I shouldn't have trusted him. Because the next thing I knew, Jay went behind my back and they became together. They betrayed me. I trusted them."

"What I said yesterday is wrong. They probably really love each other, stop squeezing yourself in their relationship."

He scoffs. "What do you know about your relationships? You're too young."

"Too young? I'm probably just 2 years younger than you are. I know everything about relationships, okay? Because I've been into one."

"Yeah? And how did it go? Ugly, I'm sure."

And therein lies the issue
Friends don't try to trick you
Get you on the phone and mind-twist you

"No. We separated without bad blood between us. Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about your issues in my life. Now I know the root of your heartbreaks, I'm willing to help you out just so you can stop listening to Taylor Swift." I did say from the second day that I'd do everything to know the reason and now I know the reason, I'll stop this shit once and for all.

"She isn't the reason why I listen to Tay."

Right. I won't believe any of his lies again.

"When you confronted P'Jay, what did he say?"

"He said it's because I really don't like Namtan, that's probably true but I was the first one to confess to Namtan."

"Being the first one to confess doesn't mean you'll get her. And she's already in a relationship. You said you hate cheaters right? So I think you should just move on, I read somewhere that in order to move on, you should list down all the things you hate about that particular person then you'll realize they're not worthy of your time," Again, I'm making this up. "So come on, say it to me, the things you hate about her."