Chapter 13: A Turn Around

[[Elena P.O.V./"The Way" -Zack Hemsey]]

I see black—all darkness, all around me. I don't feel anything yet, I don't see anything yet, and I can't hear anything yet.

Just darkness.

Where am I? What happened?

For a moment it feels like I've been in a deep sleep, about to wake from my comfy slumber. Until I remember....and that's when everything comes flooding back again.

My eyes shoot open, and I gasp as I attempt to sit straight up as if waking from a nightmare

My eyes shoot open, and I gasp as I attempt to sit straight up as if waking from a nightmare. I gasp in pain as I feel a sharp, stabbing pinch in my stomach, so painful that I have to hold back a scream. My hands rush to the center of my stomach.

"Shhh...shhh, shhh, shhh..." Dean immediately soothes me as his warm hands are instantly on me, attempting to calm me down. I look over at him, eyes wide with shock and a little bit of confusion.

I stabbed myself.

Im alive.

"Am I—am I okay? Where's—." Before I continue Dean interrupts me softly, "Everything is fine. You made it, you're just fine. The stitches in your stomach are pretty important, though. You need to relax." He says calmly as he softly lays me back down.

Once I'm back down, Dean leans up against my hospital bedside, resting himself right beside me. His green eyes look up at me.

He rests his hand on mine, our fingers beginning to intertwine

He rests his hand on mine, our fingers beginning to intertwine. "I don't even know where to start—."

"Don't." I interrupt him, looking over at him with tears in my eyes. "It wasn't you."

"Part of it was." He says, his eyes becoming glossy with tears. "That anger...that anger is the part of me that Katherine used to do whatever it was she did. Part of it was me."

"But she escalated it. She made it...more than it really was. You wouldn't have done any of those things to me had you been in your right mind. We've been through this before, Dean." I say with a sniffle, looking at him with only love and forgiveness. It's all too familiar.